Thread: Tritium Pins

Default Tritium Pins

Have any of you guys used them, are they really brighter than the others? Looking at a new rest also. How are the new whisker biscuits? I remember the old messed up the vanes, from what I was told.

with any of the newer whisker biscuit style rests that you use, you will be able to avoid vane wear if you fletch your arrows with the right vanes. Starting about a year ago I started shooting Blazer Vanes through my WB and after a season of shooting they still looked brand new. Checkem'out.

Also, if you don't want to switch from feathers/traditional vanes check out a drop away rest; there are some complete containment dropaways on the market today that would solve that problem while still completely containing your arrow like the WB.

I'm gonna try out the Ripcord on my new bow when i get it...
    If its brown its down, if it flies it dies.

I'm putting new blazer vanes on too. I may have to pick one and give it a try

Dont worry about vane wear w/ the WB..........I've had 2 of them and never had vane wear........and blazers are even better for durablity.............as far as tridium pins..yes they are brighter but if I were you I would just buy a sight light for the current sight you have if it will take one.........the price will be about the same.......I think those pins are going for about 20 bucks a pin and you can buy a sight light for a sight for the sma eprice and it illuminates all pins in your housing...........

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

I have a light on my sight now CC. Just wondered if those pins are "better" or just a gimmick.

columbia384 or whatever his name is wont read this thread since its not about "primitive"
    archery....so here goes.

I use one pin. It is tritium. I like it a lot.

I do NOT like sight lights. I cant see well past the light. Once your eyes adjust to the dark, you dont wont a light on. Anyone ever had a deer coming in and shined a light on him/her to see what it was? bet you couldnt see shit after that for the next 5 minutes until your eyes adjusted.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Tooth I know what you mean but w/ the sight lights I use they only light the pins not haze up the whole housing like you're talking about so only your pins illuminate..........

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Red dot lasers are the ticket. Nothing between you and the deer to block your vision.

I use one 20 yd pin and have a laser mounted above it. It is also zeroed on 20 yds.

Lazers suck, tritium rocks!
    Low country redneck who moved north

tritiums have an 8 year half life..so after 8 years they are half as bright as they are now..the VBG is brighter than a tritium and you can see way pass dark with it..you cant see the ground but you can see your pin..3ft of fiber optics with an internal glow ring built in..go with a drop away the QAD Hunter is a good affordable rest..

I have a trituim pin set for 20yds. Its all you need. The lights are too bright.

Only need one illuminated pin anyway. Shots at Dark-30 beyond 20yds are a risky shot IMHO. Very hard to pick a spot.
    Last edited by walt4dun; 07-26-2008 at 06:16 PM.

ya' can't beat a tritium for lowlight. I have done lights, fiberoptics, and tritium. Tritium is the way to go. I have considered the laser but I just don't want another contraption on my bow.

The new bowlights are blue and variable in intensity and are much better than the old ones...that said I tried my bow with a new fiber sight last year and it was a long way better than what sites were 5 years ago w/ a light...but I just bought a tritium today.
    If you don't know me how could I offend you?

If you are not a member of Delta or DU then you are living on duck welfare.

Quote Originally Posted by mudflat View Post
    Lazers suck,

Well, at least this guy agrees with you.

ctodd, I also have run the gauntlet of what is best for low light shots. I believe the kisser button and the tritium pin were made for each other, if your shooting form is consistent(practice) then you will be able to wheelhouse em'. I shot the biscuit for a long time and didn't notice any fletch issues, but Tom and Owen set me up with a fall away and I honestly don't think it can be beat. Pay attention to what you hear from successful and serious bow killers- which is not me I shoot squirrels and pine cones to pass the time- the one tritium pin and being prepared takes no prisoners in the deer woods. Or squirrel woods. The only other one I haven't tried is the laser, but as I stated earlier, take heed from serious bow killers. Catdaddy is obviously results oriented!! Find what works best for you and hope you see lots of red arrows soon.

Thanks for all the input. I probably try a new pin. I have a shakey hunter rest now. Which is ok, but the WB might be on my bow before much longer. Thanks again for the input guys.

Cat, I shot with a guy last week who had a laser sight. No doubt its bad

Oh yeah I will read it, and probably many more to come.....
    Actually I used to have one on a PSE Carroll Intruder, back when it was new (10 years or so ago). Just the single pin works fine. I did enjoy using it and it was a nice "advantage" in low light conditions. However as 2th Doc had mentioned, I do "PREFER" to shoot a more primitive weapon at game now.
    Work Harder, Millions on Welfare Depend on YOU !!