Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stoeger Semi-Auto 12ga

Default Stoeger Semi-Auto 12ga

Anyone have any good or bad experiences with a Stoeger?
    Thinking of getting a used one but hadn't heard much about these good or bad. Really like to know more about them.
    Thanks.

Same gun as a benelli or franchi. You can go to benelli's webb site and look at em

They are not the same gun as a benelli. They don't even cycle shells the same way. The stoeger has a spring on the outside of the magazine tube. Take the two apart side by side and tell me they are the same gun. I'm glad stoegers inertia driven advertisements fooled everyone but do a little research for gods sake.
    Your riding a gravy train with biscuit wheels.

Damn clam down Saltynut! I was saying they are similar.

You would be wrong again. The M2000 has a rotating bolt assembly similar to the benelli but the similarities end there. You can't buy a $1000.00 shotgun for $375.00. People should know this before they hit the gun counter. The stoeger is a very good gun for the price but to say its the same gun as a benelli just isn't truthfull or fair.

I'm picking up what your putting down now Salty.

i won a stoeger side by side and it felt like a cinder block. i left it on my 4 wheeler for a few years hoping someone would steal it. no one would.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I wasn't trying to jerk you around I was just trying to inform the public. They have sold a ton of those guns because of how they advertise them.

its no benelli. i dont have any problems with mine as long as im shooting 1oz. shots or stronger. the weak dove loads tend to hang up but mine has never jammed with anything over 1oz. good gun for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by woodykillingmachine View Post
    its no benelli. i dont have any problems with mine as long as im shooting 1oz. shots or stronger. the weak dove loads tend to hang up but mine has never jammed with anything over 1oz. good gun for the price.
    Same problem.

Cheap dove loads will bind the gun once it gets a little dirty. However, when clean, it'll run like a champ. Recoil is light and fit/finish isn't too bad for such an inexpensive shotgun.

I had to listen to what everybody said about them also,some good ,some bad, so i finally went and picked one up last year. And i have put cheap dove loads and duck shells through mine and have not had one hang up. I have nothing but good things to say about mine, Ecspecialy the price.

Its like pussy.....

Yeah gettin drunk and pullin some chunky skank from the bar works. But wouldn't you rather get ass from a bombshell?

It takes a little more effort and a little more time, but is more than worth it in the end.
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

its all pink in the middle P and thats why they make a lightswitch and beer. Fella at work has a stoeger and loves it. He also has 2 benellis and several berettas. Said its a good beat around gun.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

I'm with you PBiz.

stoegers point like shit.
    they have a big white aspirin lookin front bead.
    they are more a bitch to clean.
    they just dont feel good.
    every redneck that gets one says "same as a benelli"

My old man shoots ones, he has had it for several yrs with no problems. He uses it for ducks and turkeys.

Anyone got any thoughts on Benelli SBE vs. the Beretta 390 or 391?
    Saw a SBE at Sportsman's warehouse for $900 and some change--- only shoots 3" but that's probably good enough for me.....
    Anybody know of any used SBE's?

If its an SBE it shoots 3 1/2" shells. 390 or 391 they are both great guns. Which one feels best in your hands?

Must have just been the be model then.....the sbe was about 1300

M1 maybe? There is no BE. If you can find one walmart used to have some 26" barrell black synthetic beretta 390's for less than $500.00. If you could find one and it was a good fit for you I would strongly consider one if you are interested in gas operated shot guns.

The M1/SBE lineup is the A5 of the 21st century. Almost all of them will still be around 50-75 years from now with good stories scratched and dented all over them. I prefer these inertia operated guns for reliability, and they are easy to clean and maintain.