Thread: Right to Left

Default Right to Left

I want to get into bowhunting but I don't feel like spending a lot of money off the bat. My dad has a right handed bow and I shoot left handed. Would shooting a Right handed bow left handed screw me up?

pretty sure, don't think it's quite like a gun
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

yes.... a right handed bow is alot different than a left handed bow....

Check with Anthony's Archery in Camden. He sometimes has used bows fairly priced. He may also give you some tips on shooting etc. He's a fine gentlemen.

you can shoot a right handed bow left handed..the cables will rub against your arm though..its not hard but it aint the easiest.

Check your eye dominance. You may need to shoot right handed anyway.

What Glen said. I started out shooting lefty because I was stronger on that side but switched to righty due to eye dominance. I can shoot with either hand now but shooting from my good eye side helps in low light. Switching wasn't hard at all.

Well I know for a fact that I am left eye dominate because I'm half blind in my right eye, do to a stick injury from when I was younger. I had to learn to shoot left handed. Where is this Anthony's Archery?

the hardest to switching is makin sure you that you always the right eye..i shoot both eyes open so it would be a littler harder on me but if you close an eye its a hell of a lot easier.

tradorion Coots

Default It Can Be Done

I am fully ambidextrous with a bow but hunt totally left handed after a right handed/right eye oops on a doe about 10years ago.

In setting friends bows up I play with them and I also have both right and left handed compounds i shoot- while it is damned difficult (almost impossible) to shoot a trad bow with the other hand (right hand bow shot left handed) the fact that a compound is held straight up and down makes it pretty easy to shoot a RH bow LH and vice versa.

The nice thing about shooting one backwards is that you will NEVER have issues with string slap as the cables are on the side of your bow arm...

R