Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Choona

Roger on the soapweed. I used to hate it too, but I have learned to appreciate it from afar, which is to say I don't eat it either. However, the misses loves it.

FG, how much do you charge customers that ask for a recipe?

Ask for it is free.......its me tellin'em that costs money. Naw, I have never charged any customers for recipes, nor would I ever. I don't plan on writing any books so if you wanna know and I have the time to give you an answer I am happy to do it.
    "Never Trust a Skinny Chef."

Does the Charcoal affect the taste of the tuna as compared to black frying pan seared -?
    just wondered about smoke taste - thinking of trying some that way

looks like somethin took a shit on top your grits......but the rest looks good... lol

Quote Originally Posted by tkohn View Post
    Does the Charcoal affect the taste of the tuna as compared to black frying pan seared -?
    just wondered about smoke taste - thinking of trying some that way
    Best way that I have found to cook tuna over coals is to put a grate on top of your chimney starter when it is really hot. This way, you get a quicker, better sear, and a keep a nice rare to mid rare center.

Quote Originally Posted by Foie Gras View Post
    Ask for it is free.......its me tellin'em that costs money. Naw, I have never charged any customers for recipes, nor would I ever. I don't plan on writing any books so if you wanna know and I have the time to give you an answer I am happy to do it.
    I was sitting a table over from a bitch that asked for a recipe in a $15 BBQ sandwich type joint and they brought her the recipe and added the price for it on her bill...she flipped out

Thats pretty shitty. I understand if you have a book out, or something like that, but you should at least tell the person that asked that they are bout to get charged for the recipe they asked for. Things like that do not make people want to return to your restuarant.

I'm quite certain from the show she put on that she will never return...probably none of the people sitting near will either, lol. I agree, that is shitty.

foie gras, 10-4 one the charcoal chimney. i got a basically rectangle slab of tuna and did about 20 seconds a side , one filet w. sesame seeds. that is a good way to cook it. thanks man. for the charge of the recipe, if she was not made aware of it before, and it was excessive, she should do a editorial and give it to everyone. if it was not excessive, i dont really see the problem. just my $.02