Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jeffery Archery

Default Jeffery Archery

Stopped by there today and wish I'd been going more often and doing more business with them over the last several years. What a treasure and a pleasure. Getting top notch advice and service from Tom and talking about the good ol days (and ways) with Owen is not something that can be replaced when it's gone.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

I drive by there at least three times a month. I need to go in again. I heard that it's just down to Tom and very little bow making going on.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Wow, since I moved, I've not been in there in a couple of years. Those are two of the most decent business owners I have ever met. Some people bitch about the waiting time there. Not me, I would just engage ol Owen into some very interesting conversations about his past while I waited. There is a ton of interesting stories that ol man has to tell. They are just remarkable folks!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

I am new in the game of archery, but it never fails to walk in there and get great advice and help from either one of them. Some of the best things I have recieved from them have been free!

i drive by there most every day and dont stop enough.....i should know better.

there is a wealth of knowledge in there, that's for sure.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

how much do they charge to "set up" a bow for you?
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

i reckon if you get all the parts from them, they will put them on the bow for you. if you're really nice and they have the time, you can go outside and shoot it with them.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Tom sold me a few carbon shafts of different models to play with for getting my elk set up just right. Can't say the Sportsman's Whse would have done that or had a clue what I was talking about when I described what I am trying to accomplish. I will buy the dozen from them next week when "the" arrow reveals itself. Yeah, the fun was talking to Owen while Tom was helping others. We talked a good bit about Dan Quillian who passed this year and it dawned on me how special the conversation with Owen really is. Hope folks will make some time to spend with him while it's still available. Living legend is an understatement.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Tom once showed me a monster of a bow. Black, Chrome, the longest stabilizer you've ever seen in your life. It was an Olympic Distance Challenger going to a world-class shooter out of South Africa. Good to know people around the globe, especially Olympians, trust our good ol' hometown fellas to set 'em up right.

Where are they located.? Ive always heard alot about them, but never made the trip !!!!!
    student and child prodigy of the "Professor's" duckology!

Quote Originally Posted by cusportsman View Post
    how much do they charge to "set up" a bow for you?

What ever the cost, it is worth it - just for the chance of soaking up some of knowledge the Jeffreys have to offer.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    RY-you are a killer. plain and simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Rebel Yell has killed more shit than small pox!
    Stripa Swipa > Ron Jeremy

You are treated exactly the same in that shop if you buy your bow from them or you buy one from Cabelas. A rarity in a world where many business owners treat their own customers like crap...

Well said. They will treat you like family not like any old customer. Thinking about selling a bow? Tom will sell it for you. Thinking about buying one? he will set you up with the best package for YOU not the best for him to sell.

Cant say enough good things about them.

I bought my first bow from them about four years ago. I knew nothing about bow hunting other than I wanted to get into it. Tom spent three hours with me picking out a bow and setting it up for me. Then Owen went outside with me and watched me shoot. Giving me some pointers here and there and helping me get my pins right. Great people. They really know there stuff and are passionate about helping hunters get involved in the sport.

MC is offline Daydreamer Extraordinaire

Those two guys are the best example I can think of of people doing what they truely love to do, regardless of the pay they recieve. They could easily expand the shop, hire a handful of people to help out and make plenty of money in the process. As it is, they've kept it small and everybody knows you're just going to have to wait a while when you go in there, but Tom will get to you sooner or later.

Owen is truely something. I only hope I'm clibming trees half as good as he is when I'm his age. And you can't leave Max out, without him snoring in the corner and occasionally farting up the place it wouldn't be the same either.

Max is the man! I showed up one evening to find both Tom & Owen searching for him. I offered my help & then proceeded inside to find Max sound asleep in a corner of that wonderfully clutterded store/shop...PRICELESS!
    Last edited by JOHNSON; 07-17-2008 at 12:45 PM.

Went yesterday to pick my Bowtech up after getting new cables and string, I dont want to toot my own whistle but my shot placement is awsome, oops that is until Tom showed me a few things I was doing wrong and showed me the right way, now it is even better. Ive bought several bows from them and been a decent shot with all of them, too bad he is not a Bowtech dealer any more, if I get another I guess I will have to go back to the Mathews. Everyone is right Owen is one of the greatest old timers God ever gave us.

Oh BG, Max snores too much!

sometimes I'll drop by and just pet that ol' hound if they're real busy.
    Last edited by buzzards luck; 07-17-2008 at 01:54 PM.

if i go by there on friday after lunch, you think they'll be able to set me up that same day?
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"