Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Bow Accessories

Quote Originally Posted by tradorion View Post

Stripa- you know as well as i do that the vast majority of the trad hunters are live and let live guys.

R
    Which is why the comment paints a false picture in my book. Vast majority is what matters.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

I went hog huntin' with Lee (aka FLS) one time. I broke out my compound and he proceeded to tear me a new asshole, "fuckin training wheels" etc.

Just kiddin' - pretty stand up fella. Passionite about his selfbows. I would be too ifin I had any kinda skills to build my own tools

All I shot on the hog hunt was a coon. Now that I think about it, maybe he stuck me in a shitty stand on purpose.

He does wear a pretty good 'stache though. Sportin' Woodies would be proud.

So - Cusportsman, after 4 pages of "advice", what kind of accesories did you decide to put on your bow? Post a pic of it all tricked out
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    RY-you are a killer. plain and simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Rebel Yell has killed more shit than small pox!
    Stripa Swipa > Ron Jeremy

Stripe you're probably right, the vast majority are good guys. The bad apples are rotten to their core though. If you dont see things as they do, they wouldnt piss on you to put you out, all the while touting their greatness and ethical superiority because of the equipment they shoot. I have a short fuze about this topic.

everybody has their own opinion on what they like...whether it be a compound recurve or longbow whatever makes you happy..i can sell you anything you want but if you aint happy with it then what is the point of buying it..i dont like the DXT, i think the sight window is to small but many people love that bow it makes them happy..whatever makes you happy is what you need to go with..

When I was in college, I had a Nissan 240 SX. That is probably the most accurate deer killin machine I have ever owned. It was a tack driver! 5 for 5, The stats don't lie.
    \"If there must be war let it be in my day, that my child may have peace\" -Thomas Paine

tradorion Coots

Default Extremes Paint Ugly Pictures

Whether it is trad gear, compounds, pro-gun nutz or gun haters... the small loud mouthy percentage usually paints the picture for the group- no matter how poorly they paint.

R

There are things more important in bowhunting than what type bow you choose. Making sure you have at least 6 screw in gear holders is far more important. You never know when another bowhunter may walk by your stand. And we certainly wouldn't want him to think we are a newbie.

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    Stripe you're probably right, the vast majority are good guys. The bad apples are rotten to their core though. If you dont see things as they do, they wouldnt piss on you to put you out, all the while touting their greatness and ethical superiority because of the equipment they shoot. I have a short fuze about this topic.
    I can almost accept that but you still make it sound like traditional archery bad apples are worse somehow than bad apples from other "hunting communities."

It sounds like you have had a personal "run in" or twelve or whatever and could explain it as so instead of leaving it for those not so close to the mysterious community to have to sort out.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Back when I did more bow hunting than I have in recent years, I shot instinctive, and with a recurve. It was fun. I also had (still have...) a Jeffrey "44 Mag" compound that I shot instinctive - and killed with. I enjoyed instinctive, and wish I had kept it up.

But...

Now that I am getting back into it, and have a compound that I will use for everything except fish, I am going to use sights... and a release.... because I know from my pre-instinctive days that I am simply better with sights.

I am appreciative of the instinctive crowd, and admire their skill... but I owe the deer a better chance at an efficient demise that I think I would provide with sights.

That being said, I'm somewhat stoked about gettin' in the woods with a stick-thruster this season.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Stripe Ive ranted enough. Back on my meds today... Until you draw the string back its the same game no matter what you shoot. Traditional bows are harder to be accurate with, and for that very reason I think they are a poor choice for all but the most dedicated. Most of us simply dont have the time or skill required to become and stay proficient. If a fellow has the skill, and is willing to take the time required, I thinks its a very efficient killing tool. Unfortunately those types are very few. Most trad archers Ive encountered are 50/50 shooters. They hit 50% of what they shoot at and recover 50% of what they hit. Thats what makes me nuts when they claim the moral high ground, the facts just dont back it up.

FLS...I think your argument makes a lot of sense...and is totally in line with my observations (for the shooting). However...I haven't seen the arrogance of trad shooters that you have experienced (Swipa excluded - that sumbitch was puffed out like a 6 lb mating bullfrog when he switched to a long bow...lol).
    If you don't know me how could I offend you?

If you are not a member of Delta or DU then you are living on duck welfare.