Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Bow Accessories

"The exception being the joy you can bring to others by influencing them with your knowledge and experiences that can set them down the path you enjoy so much."

AMEN. I aint old....like mergie or catdaddy...but i have lived some. I have gotten to the point where i just appreciate people's PASSION. you can see it...smell it...feel it...when people are passionate about something...whether its primitive archery or fireants...or poker. That being said, most of the people that I admire show their passion in what they do, not in terms of how it is better than another way of doing it.

I get excited when a deer is ten steps from me and I am invisible to them. It never crosses my mind to be MORE excited because of the weapon I have in my hands.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    "I get excited when a deer is ten steps from me and I am invisible to them. It never crosses my mind to be MORE excited because of the weapon I have in my hands.
    Let's be honest. At that point you're jerkin it like the plane is going down anyway. Aren't you?

maybe...but hey....its MY hunt...not yours. I can enjoy it any way I see fit.

on this one? maybe....

That's a toad.

He's good for bow, gun, truck bumper, hand grenade, thermal global nuke, whatever.

Get him kilt.

i'll come and kill that one for ya if you want 2th
    Last edited by cusportsman; 07-23-2008 at 12:09 PM.
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

pic taken about 500 yards from hen houses.

tradorion Coots

Default Looks Like A SIX--

they walk where i hunt...

LMAO!!

somebody better throw thr flag on that call b/c Ole Uncle Trad would miss that one at ten steps cause i'd be shaking so bad!!!

R

it's that dark at 8:52 at your place? or is that clock wrong?

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

When I hear real bow, training wheels, etc, I immediately tune the speaker out assuming everything that follows is bullshit. I really like hunting with longbows and recurves, especially the ones I make, but I've developed a serious dislike for " Traditional Archery." Its the Taliban of the hunting community.

time is right. IR cameras take crappy pics at dawn and dusk, IMHO.

I shot a recurve last night and there aint shit to it.
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

I'm gonna recurve my 12ga. opening morning

I shot a couple of B-Stick's bows last night. The drenaline and the DTX. Pretty sporty.
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

I've heard that the Drenaline atin worth a shit

FLS,
    That's pretty heavy stuff. Define the "it" you are referring to as "the Taliban of the hunting community." I could give two shits about what you dislike but that's a pretty broad categorization to folks that in large part aren't real knowledgable on the issue.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

tradorion Coots

I think his description was pretty close- a small group of extemists gives the majority of the peace loving folk a black eye for their rabid belief in "My Way or The Highway" preaching. Just like techno-freaks in the compound world give the average bowhunter a less-than-decent representation.

Stripa- you know as well as i do that the vast majority of the trad hunters are live and let live guys. But you also know the rabid peckerwoods that scream down hate on compounds and try to raise themselves up as demi-gods based on their choice of gear....

R

well, my bow finally came in today, all i can say is SWEET and i can't wait to shoot it

tradorion Coots

Default Shut Up and Step Aside CUSport--

We serious bowmen- both trad and modern- have turned this piddling little snivel driven "What gear do i need??" thread into a serious discussion on nut-draggin dick sizes... no amateur such as yourself is needed here any longer.

CONGRATS On your new sweethearts arrival- enjoy the addiction!!

R
    Last edited by tradorion; 07-24-2008 at 06:42 PM.

Trad hit it on the head. My experience has been that a large percentage of traditional shooters border on incompetent. Go to any 3-d and look at the scores. Its all image and ego stroking. The hit loss rate in our club was horrible. They hit 50% of what they shot at and recovered 50% of what they hit. The ones that were good were really good, but the rest should have been shooting compounds and maybe even a gun. The worst of the lot crowed the loudest. As a group they would be perfectly happy to finger fuck your fun if it furthered their image and own self interests.
    Last edited by FLS; 07-24-2008 at 07:18 PM.