Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bow Accessories

Don't know about the rest of y'all, but I'm damn handsome.

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

Buy what wal-mart has cheap or BPS gots on sale and learn to use it unless you just wanna brag about it. Indians used none of that stuff and did a plenty o killin.

Shootin mullet out of a moving boat at 20 feet with no sight or release is easy, a whole deer shouldn't be that difficult.
    You can grow up to be just like me....

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia394 View Post
    Here's an idea, sell that new bow and buy a recurve. be a true sprotsman. there is no better thrill than to take an animal with a traditional bow. Been shooting one for 4 years and wouldnt go back to a compound.
    These fuckers are gonna start picking up rocks before you know it. I can see it now, "put down your pocket knife and give the deer a chance, be a sportsman and pick up a sling shot. Now thats a real rush".

Bad thing is, some of these cats could be throwing rocks and it wouldn't make any difference on how many deer they kill.
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

I've probably killed as many or more deer than a majority of people on this site. I not saying that you aren't a "true sportsman" if you get your kicks by taking animals using alternate methods. But the 'ol 2TH DOC cant honestly say that taking a deer with a recurve or longbow is just the same as taking one with a tricked matthew's with pins, peep sights, release aids, whisker biscuit etc........There is just a little more skill invovled than just putting the dot on an animal and pulling the trigger on the release. just my opinion.............what's yours??

I've probably killed as many or more deer than a majority of people on this site. just my opinion.............what's yours??

"Listenin' to you brag don't improve the taste of these mexican strawberries none."

Mudfish - I aint bragging, just stating a fact that I know what I'm talking about - you dont have to spend all this damn money on gadgets and gizmos to kill a deer
    Last edited by Columbia394; 07-22-2008 at 04:03 PM.

But if he wants to what does it matter to you?

i kilt 6 sookies, a four point, an armadilla, and 2 ohpossums with an atlatl last year using points i knapped from petrified mastadon shit

i still find it still harder to kill shit my with trikt out bowtech, even harder with my .300 ultramag
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    RY-you are a killer. plain and simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Rebel Yell has killed more shit than small pox!
    Stripa Swipa > Ron Jeremy

tradorion Coots

The fact that I ENJOY shooting a trad bow more makes it a more fun kill FOR ME... but i ain't feeling ashamed when the Parker compound downs one.

That doesn't mean a trad kill is a better kill than the other fellow's regardless of what he uses.

Thus the latter points you make about it being a rush, possibly even more difficult, are true- but your though that it is "The Way" to be a "true sportsman" is a crock of plain and simple.

The simple fact is one of the truly most pathetic "sportsman" i ever encountered toted a stick bow and had the theory that you had to sling arrows if you ever hoped to kill something rather than the sense to take only ethical shots.

At the same time one of the most gentlemanly old hunters i have ever known would use nothing other than a scoped rifle.

The tool DOES NOT make the hunter.

R

Well said, Trad.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Quote Originally Posted by tradorion View Post
    The simple fact is one of the truly most pathetic "sportsman" i ever encountered toted a stick bow and had the theory that you had to sling arrows if you ever hoped to kill something rather than the sense to take only ethical shots.
    R
    What did I do to deserve that kick in the nads, boss?
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

T is right, the tool doesn't make the hunter, but I know some hunters that are total tools.

Rebel Yell is a scary mofo when he puts on that loin cloth and dons his face paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    T is right, the tool doesn't make the hunter, but I know some hunters that are total tools.
    Nah.. You know some people that pretend to hunt that are tools.
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

I've probably killed as many or more deer than a majority of people on this site. I not saying that you aren't a "true sportsman" if you get your kicks by taking animals using alternate methods. But the 'ol 2TH DOC cant honestly say that taking a deer with a recurve or longbow is just the same as taking one with a tricked matthew's with pins, peep sights, release aids, whisker biscuit etc........There is just a little more skill invovled than just putting the dot on an animal and pulling the trigger on the release. just my opinion.............what's yours??

yes, i can. wanna compare dick sizes next? it aint braggin....

I have two of jeffrey's recurves. really enjoy shooting them and hunting with them. in my opinion, instinctive shooting is just as easy. the hardest part is getting the critter in range. making the shot is just a matter of following form and trusting your shot without letting your emotions get in the way. heck, there's nothing in the way with the 'curve. you dont have to think about sights, rests, pins and all that...you just let her fly. tell me how that is so much harder. you obviously have some chuck-adams-like mentality that you are a better hunter. I would love to learn more....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

While I agree that 394 is a stain on what I love kinda like Barta, I don't think hitting the mark with a stickbow is as easy as hitting the mark with sights, release, 80% let off etc. Drawing on a deer with a stickbow at 20 yards or less without getting busted may very well be easier. Getting off a second shot when you miss because the deer didn't hear the cannon go off could be considered an advantage.
    Last edited by Stripa Swipa; 07-23-2008 at 09:15 AM.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

OK/ I'll give you that. It is harder to shoot a longbow/recurve as accurately as a compound. But why should that take away from MY experience?

but where do you draw the line? I have heard of some very accomplished archers that have gone as far as to buy a trail cam.....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

There is one tool I would recommend for using with traditional equipment.

A fork.

Makes eating all that rice easier.

I grew out of the "I'm cooler than you because I shoot a stick bow, fish with a fly rod etc." bs many years ago. However, mature folks should be able to separate truth from pref/opinion. Accuracy with a stick bow is harder to achieve than with a compound. If it wasn't, compounds wouldn't out sell them a billion to one. How you choose to hunt is over in the opinion/pref realm and the two need not be confused. What is really liberating is to absolutely enjoy the way YOU do it and not give a rat's arse what anybody else thinks. The exception being the joy you can bring to others by influencing them with your knowledge and experiences that can set them down the path you enjoy so much.

Rubberhead

Cat,

Put me on some of those undisturbed nannies you got and I'll fill your freezer.

Rubberhead

I've been to the Mecca of Traditional archery 4 times at the ETAR in Denton Hill, Pennsylvania. I've heard it all. What I was able to conclude was that traditional values in life and in hunting are carried in your head and heart, not your hand.
    Last edited by Glenn; 07-23-2008 at 10:38 AM.