Thread: MM questions

Jacksonville Fl (Beaufort SC on the weekends)

Default MM questions

I'm getting my first Mud boat next week. It's a 14ft Express with a 2004 Hyperdrive 23 hp B&S. I was hoping to hook up with someone local to learn the ropes, pick their brain about servicing and extras for it. Shame on me for not knowing all about it before i bought it but it's too good a deal (i think) and i've really been impressed by these rigs so i making the jump a wee bit blind. With all that said any tips/advice go ahead and hit me with it!!! If your in my area and want to meet up and show me the ropes i would be in your debt for it and may even treat you to a frosty treat to show my gratitude!!!

PM sent

just drive real slow till you get the hang of it. It aint near as much like an outboard as most people say. However, you have messed up now because you will have all your buddies wanting to go ride in the new toy and gas is $$$$$$$
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Phone Man, have you ever heard the saying "Ass, Grass, or gas. Nobody rides for free"???

Hunt, just give it HELL until you figure it out. I don't know anything about them.

drive it like you stole it. take food and water so WHEN you get stuck you can wait for help or the tide.
    easy livin'

Riding in the Cooper River Sunday evening around 2:30 to about 6:30. Low tide is around 4:30. Bring it and we will show you what not to do.

On that little boat that 23 briggs should scream - you can easily get some engine mods for the 23 and turn it into about a 30hp engine with the same weight.

chessie, my buddy has a 23 mini on a 14 foot war eagle and it will almost break 30. I think you will be impressed. Only thing with that small boat is backwash, slow down easy so you don't swamp her. Kevin i wish i could come ride with ya'll sunday, but pa day thing won't allow it. I hate i mished you and jimmy at the mud run, i left too early. We'll have to go ride again.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.

Father's Day = I get to do what I want after church ......er......well also the wife will be working and not there telling me what to do.

you get the 32 on there yet? If so, how does it run?

well I would LOVE to take you up on that offer KCM but i don't pick the boat up untill monday or tuesday. I'm getting it from a guy in Georgia and i couldn't make it over there this week. Hopefully i will be for the next time you all run.... If i get an invite that is!!! LOL I'm really excited to get my first MM..... I'm working on setting up a date with trashduck to get the motor serviced and checked out but after that i would be interested in hearing about these upgrades your talking about.... I don't have to be the biggest baddest motor out there but momma said this has to last a while so i may as well get the most out of it right??

...... on a side note the guy I'm buying it from said with 2 guys he was getting 24-26 GPS'd out of it.... that's faster than i've ever gone in a 14ft boat!!! LOL I think i'll be plenty happy considering i sold my last boat 2 years ago to move my ex to florida so she could then leave me and i've regreted it ever since!! LOL (the boat not her leaving)

Oh yeah - the 32 is now on the boat. Needs a new prop but getting about 29mph right now, hoping the new prop will get me a 2-3 more.

HC - you are invited, I will not hold it against you for running a Mud Buddy. I just kiddin, you got an excellent motor and a good local dealer to keep your motor serviced. Slide over to mudmotortalk.com and you can read more about engine mods to boost your hp.

ok so the A$$ H#$% sold the boat out from under me and don't have the balls to tell me about it. I found out on the mud buddy site it's sitting in some other guys driveway!!!!

I"M PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so anyone know where i can find a similar rig for sale at a decent price?? I got the money already approved with the bank and the permision to pull the trigger from the future wife...... HELP Please!!!!!

call trashduck, he may can help you with a used or new one

I had planned to give kevin a call tomorrow.... I talked to him this weekend and we had it all set to have him go over the rig i was SUPPOSED to buy...... I'm starting to wonder if i'm not supposed to have a boat, the big guy sure ain't making it easy on me that's for sure!!!

keep looking, that might not have been the boat for you. Kevin may can get something or call Nab if you are not set on a MB. Dirty Duck is your PD Dealer. Alot of people keep upgrading and want to sell old ones. These are all great guys to deal with and will help any way they can.Good luck.

There is mud buddy hyper with boat for sale here in Moncks Corner across from Gates Rubber Plant on HWY 17A. Think it is a 23 on a war eagle 1542. PM poppa bear he has been having the itch to buy something, so he has a listing of every boat, 4 wheeeler, golf cart, motorcycle with 50 miles of here.

if your over that way take a look and grab the phone # for me.......

i have heard the expresses dont do well with mudmotors. the hull design makes them plow instead of plane. go to mudmotortalk.com and ask some questions. they may be able to shed more light on it.
    BIG HAT, NO CATTLE.

Express has made more than one hull design. The best performance with any mud motor will be on a mud-boat hull designed for a mud motor but some traditional jon boats do ok as long as your not striking alot of objects. This picture is an Express hull with a 32 Pro-Drive and a heavy load being carried but still performing very well at about 22mph.

WWW.MudBoatMafia.com
    Last edited by DIRTYDUCK; 07-13-2008 at 09:11 PM. Reason: better link
    It was a three dog night, and I ain't got but one dog, me and him both damn near froze.