Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Costas delaminating?

i want to know more about scwa berkeley.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

where did he come from? that was his first post

Well 2th, he apparently supports the South Carolina Waterfowl Association(so, no idea what he is doing here) and hails from Berkeley County, and if I had to guess, he probably has a lanyard full of tamie bands. He takes money at banquets from idiots who think that by giving it to him they are helping the ducks out, when really all they are doing is paying to run those pumps for the ponds behind the office. He probably has some wood duck boxes on his property(that I probably checked when I worked for SCWA many moons ago) which is admirable, but he probably also has a few hundred bread eaters out there in a cage so they won't be turned into bobcat shit. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Foie Gras; 06-25-2008 at 02:07 PM.
    "Never Trust a Skinny Chef."

I'll stick to my Walmart Renegade polarized shades, complete with the 1.5x reading section in the bottom.... for the high high price of $15
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

story:
    I was talking to a good friend of mine the other day. He has sent his kid to Camp Woodie with another kid of a friend of ours. The two of them went together to pick the kids up. The only thing my buddy kept talking about was how "amazing" it was to see all those ducks in those ponds. He went on and on about the "thousands of ducks circling and they were everywhere."

I had nothing to say. I didnt know where to start. It IS amazing to see that many ducks at one time. It did not dawn on him that God made that duck migrate. He had no clue that "thousands of mallards" in SC in June is wrong. He had no clue that those ducks were being raised for just that reason: so people that dont know better will think that SCWA is the shizzle. "THEY HAVE DUCKS! You should see their ponds. They are loaded. It brings in more wild ducks during duck season. Their camp is awesome and my kid is beaming because he got to shoot a shotgun and is invited to come back and hunt this winter!"

oh ....goodie... what a great learning experience.

i dont fault the American way. I dont fault making money. Shit. I want my family to have it all. Would I, personally, be able to sleep at night knowing that i had whored out a resource with such a rich tradition as waterfowling?

For those that came to the FF workday and had to suffer through the ramblings of a middle-aged duck hunter...i apologize...but, damn it, i want to help ducks. I want to at least say I tried. I got an email from a good buddy that said "I think the FF is doing more for waterfowling in SC than ony other organization." I would like to think so.

it still pisses me off that my costas aren't delaminating like other peoples.

it would also be cool if i knew exactly what to look for.

but i dont care. I have hen houses to guard.

carry on.

(i am going to turn the nitrous off now.)

You forgot to add a 'lol' on the end of that.

i agree with swamp rat, my $15 Sportsman's Gear shades from wallyworld look pretty darn close to a pair of costa's, they are polarized and i could buy 10 pairs for a similar pair of costa's

the rubber attachment on my ear pieces(just like on the costas) hasn't started coming off either, and these things have been threw it all
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

lol?

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

y'all must spend some serious time on the water to justify spending hundreds of dollars on polarized glasses. i only average about 80 hours a month and i still dont see the need to own $200plus glasses. $115..maybe. so its either a fashion statement or the kool-aid tastes pretty good.

If you spend 80 hours a month on the water and don't own a good pair of sunglasses, you should apologize to your eyes. Especially sight fishing. Wow. What a world of difference. I can tell a difference b/w the 580 lens and the 400 lens. Both made by costa. Protecting your eyes when you are on the water that much is worth a 150 bucks. (dollars)

Don't have to be costa's, their are a lot of good glass companies out there. I don't think you will find the walmart 15 dollar brand to have the uv stopping ability of some of the higher end glasses. My opinion. I probably don't spend over 48 hrs a month on the water. on average. some months over 144 hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

i dont care what kind of glasses you have, Art, I still can outfish you.

btw...Costas are "frat" boy glasses. That part I hate about them. But the glasses aer quality.

quit taking the drugs toofer.

Quote Originally Posted by artdevilish View Post
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

y'all must spend some serious time on the water to justify spending hundreds of dollars on polarized glasses. i only average about 80 hours a month and i still dont see the need to own $200plus glasses. $115..maybe. so its either a fashion statement or the kool-aid tastes pretty good.

If you spend 80 hours a month on the water and don't own a good pair of sunglasses, you should apologize to your eyes. Especially sight fishing. Wow. What a world of difference. I can tell a difference b/w the 580 lens and the 400 lens. Both made by costa. Protecting your eyes when you are on the water that much is worth a 150 bucks. (dollars)

Don't have to be costa's, their are a lot of good glass companies out there. I don't think you will find the walmart 15 dollar brand to have the uv stopping ability of some of the higher end glasses. My opinion. I probably don't spend over 48 hrs a month on the water. on average. some months over 144 hours.
    thats funny. i own a damn fine pair of $115 dollar glasses. the point i was trying to make is everyone believes they need high dollar glasses and they really dont have the use for them. Thats where the fashion statement came from. kinda like owning a duramax diesel truck and not owning a trailer to pull with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    lol?
    Yeah. It was laughing gas, right? Damn. Gotta spell everything out for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    SCWA Berkeley? oh heck.

Yeah that might get interesting......
    Delta in a nutshell:Breeding grounds+small wetlands+big blocks of grass cover+predator removal+nesting structures+enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!
    Visit http://www.DeltaWaterfowl.org

right, sprig. If I found some other kind of glasses that were as good and that fit as well, I would switch b/c of all the little frat boys wearing them. but, since I have X pair...I will keep on keepin on. Lifes a garden...right.

Lifes a garden...right.
    i'm a little too slow to figure that one out
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

quit taking the drugs toofer.
    Maybe he bought a silver and black Rapala.....
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

give me one zoom horny toad and some braid and stand back...

oh...and a hook.