Thread: grillin

Default grillin

Whats your favorite thing to grill? Chicken, beef, pork or wild game. Post some recipes.
    Thanks
    Bone....

All of the above.Don't forget fish!!! MMM planked salmon,lil dill and lemon pepper brush with olive oil,now I'm hungered.I'll also put a fillet or steak in the fish basket and smoke with alder chips.I like to use rubs on poultry,commercial stuff is fine and smoke with hickory.Game roasts(actually most roasts) get needled up and rubbed with Montreal Steak spice,smoke with mesquite or hickory or apple or pecan.Pecan and Turkey can't be beat remember some sage.Be inventive use the flavors you like.For striploin steaks. In a large ziploc bag I put in a little olive oil,crushed garlic,Montreal or Kansas City steak spice and wine or beer or wine vinegar.Don't swim yer meat just enough to coat it well. Squeeze out the air,seal yer bag,get your taters on the grill.Flip your meat over a few times while youre potatos cook a bit.On the Egg I get the temp up to 550 toss my steak on for 3 minutes a side and let stand 2 minutes on the grill eat and drink.
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

Harv You The Man
    Bone....

My favorite thing to grill would probably be baby back ribs.

I don't have a secret recipe or anything.

I'll usually do one of two things.

I'll always pull the filmy membrane off the underside of the ribs to keep them nice and tender. Then, follow it up with a dry rub of some type either home made or store bought. Sometimes I'll skip the rub and simply but brown sugar on the meat and let it soak in wetting it with some water.

Throw it on the grill over indirect heat for about three hours maintaining a 250-275 degree temp. I usually don't add any more charcoal after the first batch and will maintain temperture with chunks of Hickory. During the lasy half hour or so I'll apply a wet sauce of some kind.

Cut em up and dig in......meat literally falls off the bone.

I think I could eat them five meals a week.

Serve with some homemade tater salad or slaw and some grilled corn or grilled vidallia onions.

mmmmmmmmmmmm mmmm that sounds good.
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.