Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: bear sighting--lex district 1

YUP!! You ain't got to be the fastest guy. Just don't be the slowest!! Only bear that's given me a problem was a young brown bear last year while salmon fishing. He repeatedly came out of the woods behind me to steal the salmon we had caught and then right at dark he decided he wanted something a little bigger and came out of the woods and charged me while I was standing in the river. Needless to say that bear is no longer a problem to anyone!! After we cleaned him we found that he was eaten up with tape worms on the inside. They were like HUGE clumps of spagetti noodles. Probably a contributing factor to the bears scrawny size as he was not nice and plump even though he was eating huge amounts of salmon from the river.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Every now and then a black bear will eat your ass. One went ballistic over in Tennessee last year that worked a family of campers over pretty good. Killed one young girl I believe. Another one killed and ate a hiker over in the Smoky Mnts. Park the year before. As they spread across the state you can bet that someone will eventually get the chop in SC. The bears we are seeing now are mainly young males that have been run off of their homeground. One got my Old Man's birdfeeders last Thursday. Bears are not a threat until we start treating them like pets. People get whacked when bears get tame. If you see a bear in your hunting area, you couldn't touch him on a bet. He will run like a gazelle when he realizes you are there. If you see a bear in a park setting or place where lots of people roam the woods without hunting, that is the bear to stand off from. For those of you in rural areas, dove load in the ass will keep a young boar from repeatedly tearing up your shit. Other than killing him, it is about all that will...

What happens when bears get too close?

Enough said!! LOL
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

thats what the hell i'm talkin' bout. smoked him next to the smoker craft. That boat looks like it would roll the greas out of a biskut.
    easy livin'

A 2 or 3 hundred pound blackbear can turn you into bear shit purty quick.I've watched them move rocks and logs lookin for food.woulda took 3 of us to move the same stuff.Plenty strong and fast,don't underestimate them.
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.