Thread: They're not supposed to be here

Default They're not supposed to be here

https://youtube.com/shorts/Y-zMs_-JK...tmAYs--Dk324ih

My man remained calm given the circumstances and the size of the aggressor. They are in the woods and that is their habitat, it's probably from that global warming.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

To me, those copperheads hide better than any other snake around.

Quote Originally Posted by Drylok View Post
    To me, those copperheads hide better than any other snake around.
    agree
    A darker moccasin laying against a stump in the swamp blends in pretty well too
    I worry more about them than copperheads

I'm impressed that he actually knew what it was.

When you go walking in the woods with no boots, you should expect to be bitten. Like everyone here, we walk in grass/woods all the time in crocs and flip-flops = but we look before each and every step we take.
    Last edited by Sasha and Abby; 04-26-2024 at 06:22 AM.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

I stepped over one in the Wateree swamp last week and he couldn’t have been more docile.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

I stepped over one in the Wateree swamp last week and he couldn’t have been more docile.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

I use the light on my phone when if I go out with the pup at night. Most everyone I know who was bitten was wearing flip flops or crocs at night in their yard taking out the trash or with their dog.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    I was crossing a small log over a creek earlier this week and there was a brown water snake sunning that I almost didn't see. Obviously thought it was a moccasin, misstepped, fell off and floated my hat. The turkeys beat me on multiple fronts that day.

In coastal NC, where I mostly hunt and fish, the mud is black and some of the Moccasins
    are very dark colored there. Every time you see one, he's about two or three feet from you.
    No cell service either, between them and the alligators, its a slow walk in and out

surprising how calm that guy was