Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big jump in lease prices ?

Default Big jump in lease prices ?

Buddy called me today that is still in club I got out of several years ago, said their lease just came and jumped $1.50+ an acre on 1200 acres ?

Years ago we would see an increase of $.50 acre every other year at best .

Not sure who their lease is with now, seems like F&W or someone like that

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    Buddy called me today that is still in club I got out of several years ago, said their lease just came and jumped $1.50+ an acre on 1200 acres ?

Years ago we would see an increase of $.50 acre every other year at best .

Not sure who their lease is with now, seems like F&W or someone like that
    Supply and demand. I know people getting $20-25 an acre for all hunting rights.

Hunting leases will be as high or higher than agricultural leases in a few short years. Like previously stated, supply and demand.
    Last edited by thunderchicken; 04-18-2024 at 01:10 PM.

What's the average per acre prices for property in the Midlands?

It’s all a supply and demand issue. There are also published lease averages that are pretty high across the southeast. SC has some of the highest lease rates in the southeast. Being in a position like I am where we manage land that is leased, we want to try to do right by the leasee but have corporate breathing down your neck every year to raise rates. Realistically I could probably kick off every hunt club that we manage in SC and have the property re-leased in short order for significantly more than the current lease rate. At the end of the day more people moving to SC with more money drives the price up. There is stuff outside of Charleston leased for $35/acre on large tracts. It’s absurd
    More Ducks, Less People

In 2017 I had a 550 acre lease outside Ravenel for $10.90 an acre. It went to auction in 2018 and went up to $23 an acre.
    DILLIGAF

Weyerhaeuser is using another company out of Florida to handle all their hunting leases and they went up a lot this year from what I was told last weekend
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    Weyerhaeuser is using another company out of Florida to handle all their hunting leases and they went up a lot this year from what I was told last weekend
    Ours went up 7%

You guys are able to get a lease???

I guess I need to up my lease price from $7.50 per acre.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pluffmudder View Post
    No shit! I’ve called all the local guys that manage around here since we lost our small tract in 2019. Still nothing available.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

Quote Originally Posted by pluffmudder View Post
    we've had this lease over 30 years
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Supply and demand. Plenty of people in other states including the one I reside in will pay top dollar as it is comparatively less to local prices. Some of ours locally have broken apart and doubled, some developed etc. That just puts even more outside pressure on sc and surrounding states.

Just be glad your turkeys aren’t $3k a pop!

Ours goes up couple hundred every year. I just pay the base bid and avoid an auction. If I let it go it would be gone in a day sight unseen. The smaller leases 200 to 300 acre go fast. Ours is about 800 acres.

Like everything else, the price has increased.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Ours goes up couple hundred every year. I just pay the base bid and avoid an auction. If I let it go it would be gone in a day sight unseen. The smaller leases 200 to 300 acre go fast. Ours is about 800 acres.

Ours goes up 5% every year like clockwork.

This brings up a good question about leasing. How much will you pay to be in a good club? Access to deer, turkeys, hogs. I pay 2400 a year and wonder what my breaking point is? Ours did not go up this year. 30 members, 7k acres Georgetown County
    Low country redneck who moved north

I would pay the increase and enjoy it while it lasts. Around 7500 acres of timber company ground that I've hunted and had access to my whole life just got gobbled up by conservation groups.

I would double them.. Do y'all not see the ornate waste that these hunters are buying into? Ugly camo, atvs that cost as much as their trucks, it's not like their trucks aren't necked out, cell camera things, and the scopes that they hunt deer with.. It's not like they're really needed in our state. Turkey hunters are paying seven bucks a shell to shoot turkeys with optics on shotguns.