Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Auto & Home Insurance Quotes

Default Auto & Home Insurance Quotes

I've been with USAA my entire adult life. I've owned two homes over the course of 25 years and never had a homeowner's claim. From what I recall, all driving records under the policy are clear. I had a recent fender bender but was deemed not at fault.

Having said that, prices just keep going up and my kid will be driving quite soon.

I've never shopped for quotes, as I thought USAA was supposed to be excellent.

Are any of y'all in the business?

Any advice while shopping around? Do companies dangle a golden carrot to make a person switch & then change the rates shortly after?

PM if needed & thanks!!!

Every time I’ve shopped around USAA has always been the cheapest even with the pricing creases
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

I'm in the same boat. I've always had USAA. Zero wrecks or tickets in the past 20 years. But I'm paying almost $250 a month for a 2021 Truck. I keep hearing the rates have gone up based on overall costs that have gone up. Shouldn't those increased costs be charged against the high risk drivers only?

I've been with USAA since 1984. I've owned an autobody repair shop since 1993. My opinion is based on auto coverage/claims only. USAA's prices have risen dramatically and it'd be generous to call their customer service decent... State Farm wins the auto insurance game, time after time after time...

It is always smart to get another quote. Saying that I have not found anyone less expensive than USAA in 35 years. My local State Farm agent, whom I have business insurance with told me even with bundling our products that State Farm cant get close to USAA in price.

I've been with USAA since 1984. I've owned an autobody repair shop since 1993. My opinion is based on auto coverage/claims only. USAA's prices have risen dramatically and it'd be generous to call their customer service decent... State Farm wins the auto insurance game, time after time after time...

I’ll be glad to quote it for you. We have switched over quite a few USAA policy holders. Insurance market is crazy right now but I’m writing more business now than I have in a while which tells me I am extremely competitive l.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I've always had USAA. Zero wrecks or tickets in the past 20 years. But I'm paying almost $250 a month for a 2021 Truck. I keep hearing the rates have gone up based on overall costs that have gone up. Shouldn't those increased costs be charged against the high risk drivers only?
    They are certainly charged more but everyone is sharing the risk to some degree.

Your largest premium swing will come from adding a youthful driver to your auto policy. Never hurts to shop, but might be worth waiting until you're ready add your child to the auto policy, see your revised premium with USAA and then shop everything. I'd also review any tenure discounts you might have on your USAA auto policy like accident foregiveness. Some companies will offer this after so many years of being with them and meeting the requirements. Homeowners rates are up across the board for the most part and underwriting guidelines are tight, so unless you find major savings on the home, I'd probably sit tight until you have an idea of what your auto premium is going to do, especially since you've been with them so long. Just my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntin Ace View Post
    You are exactly right sc sportsman

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    That seems ridiculously high. I'm paying around $450/month, but that's for 5 vehicles ranging from 1979 - 2016.

When we lived in Sumter USAA was the most expensive of anyone. I thought that was odd. I used a local company while there and was very pleased with everything. I've since switched to Bobby White State Farm. They gave me the lowest rate, and I've been pleased with the service.

Insurance industry is upside down right now. Only thing I'll add is, if you move your home to another carrier, DO NOT CANCEL the USAA policy at least for one month. You can always cancel back to the date of new coverage. If new company does inspection, they may get off of it. You more than likely will not be able to go back to your previous company.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    When we lived in Sumter USAA was the most expensive of anyone. I thought that was odd. I used a local company while there and was very pleased with everything. I've since switched to Bobby White State Farm. They gave me the lowest rate, and I've been pleased with the service.
    I’m blushing

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Insurance industry is upside down right now. Only thing I'll add is, if you move your home to another carrier, DO NOT CANCEL the USAA policy at least for one month. You can always cancel back to the date of new coverage. If new company does inspection, they may get off of it. You more than likely will not be able to go back to your previous company.
    This is sound advice. The main thing that’s going to get you if you switch homeowners insurance is if your roof is not in good condition.

My only advice is don't cut corners on auto insurance to save a few dollars. Get the maximum limits on all vehicles including UIM. Driving a car is probably the most dangerous thing you do on a daily basis.

I haven't seen an insurance company beat AllState's prices. I've got buddies that work for all the major carriers and have had mine quoted numerous times, and AllState wins by a large margin every time. Also, I carry the maximum 250/500 with an umbrella, so I don't have the bare minimum cheap package.

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    I haven't seen an insurance company beat AllState's prices. I've got buddies that work for all the major carriers and have had mine quoted numerous times, and AllState wins by a large margin every time. Also, I carry the maximum 250/500 with an umbrella, so I don't have the bare minimum cheap package.
    My guess is you are a longtime customer, good credit and no accidents. I love quoting against them. Don’t always get it but I bet I do more times than not.

My only daughter doesn't live with me and is 25, so it can't be that. Maybe I'll give them a call to find out why it's so damn high.

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    Until you need your UIM coverage, they will fight you as hard as possible to not make you whole.

We use Bobby white State Farm. Usaa was highest of the rates we quoted a few years ago