Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Auto & Home Insurance Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    I won’t argue that. I’ve thought to myself for years that these insurance companies can’t continue to payout on roofs like they do. The problem is, Allstate and others are refusing roofs that many other insurance companies are willing to pay for
    Definitely can be a difficult conversation to have with a policy holder when they see all of their neighbors getting a new roof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SwampDecoy View Post
    I shop Insurance every year when Renewal comes. I took a hit one year so that all Policies now expire within 60 days of each other. The hit was I cancelled Mid Year of my Homeowners, but didn't get 50% Back. I put all pertinent information into an Excel Spreadsheet including what I am currently paying and send it out to 5 or 6 companies. I have an Independent Agent that shops 8 or so companies he reps, so there is not a lack of comparison. I will not say the Company I am currently with here, but I will answer by PM if interested.

I have 3 Homes, 5 Cars, 2 Golf Carts, 2 Motorcycles and a $2M Umbrella Policy and it is all less than $6000.00/year
    If you if you and your broker are willing to do the leg work, I guess this is not a terrible strategy assuming you are ending up with a reputable company. My counter-argument would be that you could accomplish the same thing by building loyalty discounts staying with the same company.

Switching insurance often doesn’t lead to a favorable rate for many companies. Say you are with ABC for 12 months and pay a total $600 in auto premium. In month 9 you get in an accident and said company pays out 25k because you totaled your vehicle. Ends up being a terrible risk for an insurance company. That is why typically the shorter the tenor with your previous company, the less favorable the rate.

Not saying it’s not good to shop your rates just giving you the other side of the coin.

Quote Originally Posted by jwmetz View Post
    We use Bobby white State Farm. Usaa was highest of the rates we quoted a few years ago
    I shop Insurance every year when Renewal comes. I took a hit one year so that all Policies now expire within 60 days of each other. The hit was I cancelled Mid Year of my Homeowners, but didn't get 50% Back. I put all pertinent information into an Excel Spreadsheet including what I am currently paying and send it out to 5 or 6 companies. I have an Independent Agent that shops 8 or so companies he reps, so there is not a lack of comparison. I will not say the Company I am currently with here, but I will answer by PM if interested.

I have 3 Homes, 5 Cars, 2 Golf Carts, 2 Motorcycles and a $2M Umbrella Policy and it is all less than $6000.00/year
    What's your UIM limits on those motorcycles?

Quote Originally Posted by b35w View Post
    If you if you and your broker are willing to do the leg work, I guess this is not a terrible strategy assuming you are ending up with a reputable company. My counter-argument would be that you could accomplish the same thing by building loyalty discounts staying with the same company.

Switching insurance often doesn’t lead to a favorable rate for many companies. Say you are with ABC for 12 months and pay a total $600 in auto premium. In month 9 you get in an accident and said company pays out 25k because you totaled your vehicle. Ends up being a terrible risk for an insurance company. That is why typically the shorter the tenor with your previous company, the less favorable the rate.

Not saying it’s not good to shop your rates just giving you the other side of the coin.

Bobby- I appreciate your perspective, however I was with the same company, no claims, no accidents, no tickets and their prices went up 35% in one year. Loyalty is BS with insurance and you know it all too well. Insurance in just like Spectrum and other Cable Companies, give you the best upfront and screw you the following years.

So far this process has paid off and saved me thousands of dollars.

Bobby- I appreciate your perspective, however I was with the same company, no claims, no accidents, no tickets and their prices went up 35% in one year. Loyalty is BS with insurance and you know it all too well. Insurance in just like Spectrum and other Cable Companies, give you the best upfront and screw you the following years.

Quote Originally Posted by CofC Waterfowler View Post
    I assume you are asking for Un-Insured or Under-Insured, both are the same as the Autos 100K/300K.

I assume you are asking for Un-Insured or Under-Insured, both are the same as the Autos 100K/300K.

Until you need your UIM coverage, they will fight you as hard as possible to not make you whole.
    Make sure you disclose to them that their auto insurance prems will increase once they sue themselves.

I will not recount it here(I have in previous threads about insurance), but the fact that homeowners companies can charge for "claim recovery" in SC and have the equivalent of an insurance credit report that keeps you from going to a competitor and avoiding it. To be able to "recover" more than a payout on a claim (in my case, it was a utility trailer) is nothing short of criminal. As a result, I raised my deductible high enough to ensure that all but the largest claims would ever be filed. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Make sure you disclose to them that their auto insurance prems will increase once they sue themselves.
    Of course they will and I do. 99.9% of the time the money obtained is way more than the amount of the premium increase.

But what it really amounts to is CofC Waterfowler takes 40% plus expenses of said money. Really looking out for people.
    cut\'em

"your" insurance agent works for the insurance company, not you.

but bobby is at least pleasant about it and wants to shoot you straight.

its all a scam and overpriced. I have stories to back this up.

who actually reads their homeowners policy and see what it excludes? its maddening....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Not true.
    UM/UIM claims are filed by the no fault party.
    Using UM/UIM by a NF party will not raise your rates.

Of course they will and I do. 99.9% of the time the money obtained is way more than the amount of the premium increase.

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    Not true.
    I wouldn't lie to ya.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    "your" insurance agent works for the insurance company, not you.

but bobby is at least pleasant about it and wants to shoot you straight.

its all a scam and overpriced. I have stories to back this up.

who actually reads their homeowners policy and see what it excludes? its maddening....
    True. Lots of great agents. That said they can’t do squat once a claim is filed and it gets turned over to the claims dept
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Listen to this man
    Or pay them 10's of thousands of dollars for many years and then get a rate increase or dropped if you file a $4000 claim
    and then a "free" broken windshield claim a month later.
    They don't give a shit about you above your local agent and he doesn't set pricing, policy or have any say so
    Last edited by ecu1984; 04-18-2024 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    Not true.
    You are right. It will raise everyone's rates. Stacking is the biggest pile of BS.
    cut\'em

Insurance Companies operate totally different than utilities. If we take rate, everyone gets it at their next renewal. If your premium raises 35%, it was either right after Covid or they got kicked in the teeth with claims the previous year.

Insurance Companies operate totally different than utilities. If we take rate, everyone gets it at their next renewal. If your premium raises 35%, it was either right after Covid or they got kicked in the teeth with claims the previous year.

But wait, what about Loyalty Discounts, and Good Customers, etc. They don't get an increase for other claims, etc., right?

LOL!

I know how you make a living and you are a great guy. In the end, Cost should be the driving factor for everyone, because there is nothing else any different.