Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Auto & Home Insurance Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    You are right. It will raise everyone's rates. Stacking is the biggest pile of BS.
    Yup, all losses are counted towards loss ratio. AF accident, no fault accident, um/um, even windshield claims will ultimately affect all of our rates. But a nf or um/uim claim will not affect the individual's rate.

Stacking? Don't even get me started.
    Most insurance carriers have policy language excluding stacking coverage
    SC state statutes allow it. State law supercedes the language in an insurance policy.
    State law should be amended IMO.
    Last edited by scatter shot; 04-18-2024 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwampDecoy View Post
    But wait, what about Loyalty Discounts, and Good Customers, etc. They don't get an increase for other claims, etc., right?

LOL!

I know how you make a living and you are a great guy. In the end, Cost should be the driving factor for everyone, because there is nothing else any different.
    I’m never against anyone shopping it out. In your circumstance, you have a lot of leverage and statistically a low risk. My only point is that not everyone fits into that category. If you get into an at fault accident, you automatically become a higher risk which may not lead to a more favorable rate with another company because they are going to surcharge for the same accident.

This is not directed at you I’m just stating it because I hear people say it all the time “Insurance is a scam and they never pay out”.

I ran the number last month and I have been in agency for 5 years. My agency alone has paid out $4.4 million dollars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never said and will not say Insurance is a Scam, they will all "pay out". May have to fight, sue, argue about the amount, but if you pay the premium they're gonna pay

What insurance is, is a Racket! It's a fixed set of numbers, with an Insurance Bureau that shares information, and.MANY companies colluding on pricing. Most agents, not saying Bobby White at all, as soon as you say you are going with another company will bash that company. Asi said before, Bottom Line is, the Bottom Line. That may differ for each person, but for me, it's COST of the same coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by SwampDecoy View Post
    I have never said and will not say Insurance is a Scam, they will all "pay out". May have to fight, sue, argue about the amount, but if you pay the premium they're gonna pay

What insurance is, is a Racket! It's a fixed set of numbers, with an Insurance Bureau that shares information, and.MANY companies colluding on pricing. Most agents, not saying Bobby White at all, as soon as you say you are going with another company will bash that company. Asi said before, Bottom Line is, the Bottom Line. That may differ for each person, but for me, it's COST of the same coverage.
    And I don’t blame you one bit. If I could save that amount, I would do it too

Quote Originally Posted by b35w View Post
    I’m never against anyone shopping it out. In your circumstance, you have a lot of leverage and statistically a low risk. My only point is that not everyone fits into that category. If you get into an at fault accident, you automatically become a higher risk which may not lead to a more favorable rate with another company because they are going to surcharge for the same accident.

This is not directed at you I’m just stating it because I hear people say it all the time “Insurance is a scam and they never pay out”.

I ran the number last month and I have been in agency for 5 years. My agency alone has paid out $4.4 million dollars.

Will you provide us with the ratio of payout vs pocketed?

Here’s my gripe. And this is not directed at you Bobby, just in general at the nature of insurance.

You don’t offer anything special that the next guy cant. All you offer is a cost. You really have no control outside of what State Farm sets. At the end of the day, one of the primary reason people stay with the same policies year to year is that they are too lazy to price shop and find the cheaper guy that offers the same exact product. The sales pitch of loyalty discounts and customer tenure discounts become smoke and mirrors when you have your first big claim

Ok rant over. Again. Bobby I’m sure you are a stand up guy, work very hard, and make an honest living for you and your family. This is not directed at you. But if you can prove it wrong, I’m all ears.
    Last edited by FULLCHOKE; 04-18-2024 at 09:10 PM.

The big 3 aren’t going out of business anytime soon. Trust me
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by FULLCHOKE View Post
    Will you provide us with the ratio of payout vs pocketed?
    Well, I started taking a $1000/month income at the start of year 6 so $4000. Still paying off $100k of debt. I know y’all want to believe that we all just sitting the back office counting $100 bills but it’s not reality.

Quote Originally Posted by FULLCHOKE View Post
    Here’s my gripe. And this is not directed at you Bobby, just in general at the nature of insurance.

You don’t offer anything special that the next guy cant. All you offer is a cost. You really have no control outside of what State Farm sets. At the end of the day, one of the primary reason people stay with the same policies year to year is that they are too lazy to price shop and find the cheaper guy that offers the same exact product. The sales pitch of loyalty discounts and customer tenure discounts become smoke and mirrors when you have your first big claim

Ok rant over. Again. Bobby I’m sure you are a stand up guy, work very hard, and make an honest living for you and your family. This is not directed at you. But if you can prove it wrong, I’m all ears.
    I don’t need control to add value. And to be honest, if a policy holder doesn’t think me or my team can add value then it’s probably not a good fit. You either value relationships or you don’t. If all you want to do is pay a bill then an 800 number is your best bet. If you want someone who is going to have a real conversation about risk, limits, etc then call me. The overwhelming majority of my policyholders have been with us for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by b35w View Post
    Well, I started taking a $1000/month income at the start of year 6 so $4000. Still paying off $100k of debt. I know y’all want to believe that we all just sitting the back office counting $100 bills but it’s not reality.

No, didn’t mean this as a dig at you personally. I’ll rephrase, how much did State Farm get paid in premiums over that 5year span versus the 4.4mil that they paid out?

I’d be willing to bet that the 4.4mil is less than 10% of what State Farm was given from their customers over that 5 years. All I’m trying to say is don’t go touting a 4.4 million payout when that’s a drop in the bucket compared to what State Farm took home. It’s corporate robbery.

I finally figured out why my insurance was so damn high. After I started getting quotes from other insurance companies, I found USAA had reported comp claims over $1,000. There are 4 of them total now. Mind you, I haven't had a wreck where I was at fault since 1985.

I had a windshield replaced in 2022 due to a rock. They reported that twice for some odd reason. They couldn't explain it. I said windshields don't cost over $1,000. Why would that be reported as such. They don't care about the actual cost. It's the fact that I called in a claim. They agreed to remove one of them. I asked about the other 2. Since they were in 2020 and 2021. They couldn't explain it because that was from a legacy system. I told them I didn't have any claims for either year. They wouldn't budge. After a few choices words I told them I would be taking my business elsewhere. What a bunch of crooks.

This is how they treat military veterans. I already have lower quotes from other companies and will be switching. Just waiting for the duplicate from 2022 gets removed from my record. It looks like I will have to let the others age out.

yes, pay us pay us pay us pay us pay us pay us and keep paying us
    then, file a claim and you aint paying us enough
    Let me break this down for all; In other words, all is fine when you send your money every month, year after year
    but now you need some help? It's going to cost ya

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    I finally figured out why my insurance was so damn high. After I started getting quotes from other insurance companies, I found USAA had reported comp claims over $1,000. There are 4 of them total now. Mind you, I haven't had a wreck where I was at fault since 1985.

I had a windshield replaced in 2022 due to a rock. They reported that twice for some odd reason. They couldn't explain it. I said windshields don't cost over $1,000. Why would that be reported as such. They don't care about the actual cost. It's the fact that I called in a claim. They agreed to remove one of them. I asked about the other 2. Since they were in 2020 and 2021. They couldn't explain it because that was from a legacy system. I told them I didn't have any claims for either year. They wouldn't budge. After a few choices words I told them I would be taking my business elsewhere. What a bunch of crooks.

This is how they treat military veterans. I already have lower quotes from other companies and will be switching. Just waiting for the duplicate from 2022 gets removed from my record. It looks like I will have to let the others age out.
    Glass companies bill just like doctors offices do. Cash windshields are much cheaper than claimed windshields.

$0 glass deductibles are a product of some good lobbying.
    cut\'em