Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Low Site Traffic...

I wonder if the site is experiencing a denial of service attack? It might be worth adding a Captcha or guest login hurdle at least temporarily to see if it heals the slowness and other strange things like every quick post double posting.

I think we need more women of color, LGBTQ+ and other formerly marginalized groups. I also think this site should own up to its past history of racism, misogyny and homophobia. Sone of you guys should reach out to them. I am sure this would help

Like others the very slow process time has me not posting much

Hopefully it will get resolved

Like others the very slow process time has me not posting much

Hopefully it will get resolved

If summa y'all would quit posting twice'd it might help

SLOW
    Gulf

To continue to beat this horse, the site is so painfully slow that I don’t look at it as often as I used to.

Where is the site hosted..if the backend is not secure that's an issue. Putting the security on the backend of this site (Firewall, monitoring) will be good...getting it on a CDN will increase performance speed of the site...

https://sitecheck.sucuri.net/results/scducks.com

there are serious issues with the site...trying to help!
    At least I'm housebroken.

the nematode virus may have infected the site

1400 "guest" at 5:42 on Saturday morning. C'mon now...

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    If summa y'all would quit posting twice'd it might help
    Funny, guess I am not the only one

This am seems ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    1400 "guest" at 5:42 on Saturday morning. C'mon now...
    Must be RINO’s LOL

I hope the folks that resent any type of political post realize that when you ignore politics, things like the Trading Post gun posting ban will happen due to your inattention. I wish we could trust our elected leaders enough to ignore them but it takes vigilance to maintain the freedoms we were blessed with.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    I hope the folks that resent any type of political post realize that when you ignore politics, things like the Trading Post gun posting ban will happen due to your inattention. I wish we could trust our elected leaders enough to ignore them but it takes vigilance to maintain the freedoms we were blessed with.
    The problem our elected leaders no longer represent us and haven't for a long time.

yawn
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    I've asked this question before and haven't received any answers so I'll pose it one more time to you. Beyond copying, pasting, sharing and commenting on post/articles into a conservative echo chamber, what is your level of involvement in politics? Emailing reps? Are you knocking on doors? Fundraising for your favorite politician? Just voting? Ranting on other social media sites? Running for office?

There's nowhere to hide from it these days. This used to be a place where you could just talk about hunting, have some fun with some friends, make new friends, read some cool stories, trade/buy some cool gear/guns and see some cool pictures. Now it is no different than any other online source of constant negativity and obsession with politics. You take that as a lack of concern, or as you put it, resentment. Perhaps. Maybe. Probably not. But I don't choose to tilt at windmills. I control what I can. I stay informed but don't feel staying angry, getting all worked up into a lather with other folks over things beyond my control (aside from my ONE vote) is being any more "involved in politics" than anyone else.

So call me an ostrich, apathetic, complacent, a democrat or whatever you want. I stand by my assessment that all the political ranting that has taken over and run rough shod over this place has resulted in a net negative in traffic for the site. And made it more difficult for JAB to attract sponsors so he can afford server upgrades for faster loads and his ability to maintain or better the site.

Amen to the spay and neuter king
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

I vote in general and primary elections. I call my representatives and I contribute to campaigns with my money. I also use my voice in some capacity to try to convince others. You can ignore the whole ugly mess at your own peril.

We have different forums for different types of discussions. I try to keep any of my posts that are political in nature in the Current Events, main SCD forum or Area 52.

I too find myself posting less and less, not because of annoying political ranting that I can ignore, but because even innocuous posts about recipes, restaurant choices or travel plans, etc. often turn into name calling where one is expected to defend their gender, birth place and heritage. Some folks just weren't taught to be civil or polite.

hey glenn
    Last edited by 2thDoc; 04-23-2024 at 11:41 AM.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Hey Glenn, I've already received a heart felt token from 2th today.. but hey 2th

I haven't been posting because I'm really busy with important things because I do important things.