Thread: 2024 Garden Thread

Default 2024 Garden Thread

Cold nights held me back but it’s go time. Plastic laid and 450 or so maters going in tomorrow. Maybe 200 purples, the rest will be Super Fantastic and Better Boys. Silver queen, Dixie Lee peas, and Roma beans planted today. Strawberries are rolling and asparagus ferns are ferned.

IMG_4564.jpg
    IMG_4561.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Looks good, Bud.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Damn right it does.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Yes Sir.
    I 'd like to see what your canning/preserve pantry looks like at the end of a season.

First 18 of my maters are actually in bloom.. mostly Cherokee purples, a couple different cherry type varieties in the ground too. I usually plant a few so I can eat on them when I'm out there.

20240409_142032.jpg

Where do you get the dip seeds?
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Do you sell them or give a shit ton away?

I can't think of what I'd do with that many tomatoes.

HS, looking good as always.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    Do you sell them or give a shit ton away?

I can't think of what I'd do with that many tomatoes.
    When I was a boy, my dad farmed some and I grew 2-8 acres of Valencia peanuts. Everyday I pulled a red wagon around Conway and sold boiled peanuts. Did that from age 6-14. Taught me a lot about hard work and business. I’m in the Ag field today because of it. I wanted the same opportunity for my 3 kids, so this is their thing, I just work for them. They wholesale them to produce stands, restaurants, and hit farmers markets.
    Go Tigers!

I built some raised beds this year. Got Cherokee purple, better boys, and two supersweet 1000 plants. Got squash, zucchini, and all 3 colors of bell peppers. I'm looking forward to it. Its been 10 years or so since I planted, so I started small this year. Got a patch to till up soon to get ready for okra season.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltMuck View Post

When I was a boy, my dad farmed some and I grew 2-8 acres of Valencia peanuts. Everyday I pulled a red wagon around Conway and sold boiled peanuts. Did that from age 6-14. Taught me a lot about hard work and business. I’m in the Ag field today because of it. I wanted the same opportunity for my 3 kids, so this is their thing, I just work for them. They wholesale them to produce stands, restaurants, and hit farmers markets.
    Trying to raise money for that operation
    Houndsmen are born, not made

I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Where do you get the dip seeds?
    Alaska...
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

That’s fantastic. I hope your boys realize how lucky they are to have a garden like this. I would love to have the space to do this.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    That’s fantastic. I hope your boys realize how lucky they are to have a garden like this. I would love to have the space to do this.
    All you got to do it MOVE outa that shit hole called columbia
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    Trying to raise money for that operation
    She still drags both feet.
    Go Tigers!

Awesome stuff SaltMuck

Awesome, thanks, and you too. every so often I miss having a large garden, I only cleared enough woods out for a walk to the garden, and enough area for this one. we ended our big one on the farm a few years ago.

Awesome, thanks, and you too. every so often I miss having a large garden, I only cleared enough woods out for a walk to the garden, and enough area for this one. we ended our big one on the farm a few years ago.

Artichokes are in full swing. Raspberries are starting to blossom.

Tomatoes and peppers are about to hit their stride.

20240428_145034.jpg
    20240428_145058.jpg