Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Champions

Yes she shoulda laid some God fearing smack down on em when they asked her if men should be able to play in women’s sports. She took the woke road and said yes of course. Iowa coach put em back on track when asked. Dawn would be flipping if USC west had five guys beating her ass.

Congratulations to the Lady Gamecocks for a well deserved national championship

Brother Porkchop, Caitlyn Clark is far from a ball hog. She’s the best player to walk on a court in a long time, period. If you know what assists are and what they mean take a look at her numbers. Not even remotely a ball hog.

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    I sure wanted Iowa to win, but Lady SC is really good. Their "bigs" are hard to overcome. As much as I dislike Staley, she's a great coach.
    Why would you dislike Staley?

You think Dawn Staley is likeable?
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    Why would you dislike Staley?
    Is this a joke?
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by porkchop 13 View Post
    I'm not much of a sport watching person. My take on the game and 1 prior game leading up to championship.
    Again I didn't have a care in the world who won as I am not a supporter throughout year so I am looking at the big picture between the 2 teams.

Team Iowa was all about 1 player. Broadcasters were all about 1 player for Iowa. Not taking away from Clark as she is a good player but in all scheme of things she is a ball hog. Yes you have to feed the ball to the one that can make the basket but to many times the opportunity was there for another Iowa player being wide open and she takes a shot from 5 ft behind 3pt line under pressure.

Even though there was also a star player (maybe not the quality of Clark in Lots of eyes) sc was acknowledged as a team. Freshmen and bench players performed when it was clutch and helped gamecocks to 2 wins including the championship.

There is no (I) in team and sc played that way. Can't say that about Iowa.

Also looking at fouls called sc played under a different standard when Clark was in the equation.

Just the 3 games of women basketball I watched in final four uconn and sc were classified as a team not focusing every play on 1 person.

I personally was glad to see sc take the win.
    CC led D1 in assist per game along with points per game. She ain't a ball hog.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    Is this a joke?
    Nope. Tell me your reasoning. Dawn cares greatly for her players and their families. She's stern in leading/guiding them. She shows class in everything. Please tell me why you don't like her.
    Last edited by Luvin' Labs; 04-08-2024 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Brother Porkchop, Caitlyn Clark is far from a ball hog. She’s the best player to walk on a court in a long time, period. If you know what assists are and what they mean take a look at her numbers. Not even remotely a ball hog.
    This^^^^

When UConn shut Clark down, every player on Iowa scored at will with penetration dribbles and spin moves.

I did notice there seemed to be a lot of no calls on Iowa and a lot of calls on UConn.

Some of that spilled over into the SC game until the last 5 minutes.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

Good job Gamecock women. Quite a season. Quite a team.

I like Clark. Hard not to. She's a player. I dont love dawn staley but it doesnt matter. She's not my voice or moral compass. we believe in the same God.

Congrats.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Never thought a day in my life I'd care about women's basketball but not gonna lie this whole thing has been entertaining as hell. You can hate Dawn for her politics or whatever beliefs you want to judge her on but she basically put together a 9 deep team of girls who would be stars for any other team. To get young athletes in this "all about me" world of sports to buy in and simply play a role to be part of something bigger than personal stats should be commended. Piss and moan and make fun of it all you want but to go undefeated and win the whole thing in any sport is damned impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    This and that girl can shoot the rock from damn near anywhere on the court. Hell, I think she might shoot 50% from half court if given the chance. The gamecocks just have too much depth and a whole lot of talent on the bench. I think the best team won yesterday but I wouldn't want to face Ms. Clark again in a one game wins all scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    Nope. Tell me your reasoning. Dawn cares greatly for her players and their families. She's stern in leading/guiding them. She shows class in everything. Please tell me why you don't like her.
    I think she is a race baiter and divider. I don't consider some of her statements in the past regarding race to be be showing "class in everything," but I'm not going to go mine the internet to find them. I think she's divisive, and thus, some non-fans don't care for her, including me. She is successful- I'll give her that.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by porkchop 13 View Post
    I don't know anything about Any of the coaches but thought Staley did a good job stating her stance on her Christian beliefs and to acknowledge that Clark really helped the women's basketball league.

I have to think she is a good coach since she lost 5 seniors last year and recognized when it was time to put young players in to put points on the board.
    What Christian beliefs? She supports trans athletes last I heard. I was really hoping Iowa could make it happen

Quote Originally Posted by loud1 View Post
    What Christian beliefs? She supports trans athletes last I heard. I was really hoping Iowa could make it happen
    I personally don't believe she believes that. I think she should've said "no comment" to the question and left it at that. She got "caught" in the not wanting to be cancelled culture. I'll stand by that if you want to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    I think she is a race baiter and divider. I don't consider some of her statements in the past regarding race to be be showing "class in everything," but I'm not going to go mine the internet to find them. I think she's divisive, and thus, some non-fans don't care for her, including me. She is successful- I'll give her that.
    I can agree with some of that whole heartedly. In the past I have not agreed with a lot of what she has said or done. I follow her and the women's team pretty closely. I've seen a change in her over the last couple of years. It's been a change for the better. I'm not personal friends with her, but I have seen a change. The fact she couldn't speak after the game due to emotion shows a little of her character change. Heck, the fact she sat Finwiley, her star freshman, during a few games b/c of her attitude and the way she was playing shows change. Dawn stated afterwards that even if meant losing it was worth teaching the lesson. You don't see that much anymore. This is just my opinion and we can agree to disagree.

she can do all those things and still be a race baiter.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    she can do all those things and still be a race baiter.
    Yes. We ALL can. I've seen change in her. You keep following Clemson and soccer. You can be difficult at times...
    Last edited by Luvin' Labs; 04-08-2024 at 10:58 AM.

I've never liked her, she's a race baiting liberal. Having said that, the "journalist" that asked her that BS about trans dudes playing women's sports knew exactly what he was doing. Piss on him.

I still don't understand how y'all can watch that shit. I'd watch soccer before I watched girls play basketball.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    I've never liked her, she's a race baiting liberal. Having said that, the "journalist" that asked her that BS about trans dudes playing women's sports knew exactly what he was doing. Piss on him.

I still don't understand how y'all can watch that shit. I'd watch soccer before I watched girls play basketball.....
    You and 2fer can make good company