Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: THP hunting in SC

Quote Originally Posted by jwterry3 View Post
    It is clear that lot on this thread have not watched THT......

They do it about as good as you can.
    Agreed. Nor do they know about their fundraising efforts to support Dr. chamberlain’s research.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TXFowler View Post
    I am literally slapping you people in the face with cold hard facts and you still want to say otherwise. Ignorance is running rampant in this place!

I see more people everywhere than I did 20 years go. Here in SC, out west, up north, everywhere. I see more development and less land to hunt everywhere. Go to Woodberry during the march hog hunt and look at all the OOS plates and tell me there’s less pressure. Go hit a trail head in CO during first of second rifle and tell me there less pressure. Go to any boat landing anywhere and tell me there’s less people doing it. .gov has you brainwashed.
    THP is an entertaining infomercial, just like Newberg, Born and Raised, Meateater, etc.
    Last edited by FLS; 04-10-2024 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    I see more people everywhere than I did 20 years go. Here in SC, out west, up north, everywhere. I see more development and less land to hunt everywhere. Go to Woodberry during the march hog hunt and look at all the OOS plates and tell me there’s less pressure. Go hit a trail head in CO during first of second rifle and tell me there less pressure. Go to any boat landing anywhere and tell me there’s less people doing it. .gov has you brainwashed.
    THP is an entertaining infomercial, just like Newberg, Born and Raised, Meateater, etc.
    I never said anything about pressure, nor did anybody else. Everybody else says there’s more hunters-which there isn’t. But yes I agree with you, there certainly will be more pressure when the amount of habitat has diminished like it has over the last 40 years.

Looks like the influx of hunters will be headed to LA not SC.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Quote Originally Posted by mudflat View Post
    Looks like the influx of hunters will be headed to LA not SC.
    Lmao. They heybos already there! The food ripping up and down the gravel road, stopping for 30 seconds to owl hoot and “listen” before he tore off to the next spot had me laughing.

Never heard of these guys. Watched the SC episode. Other than the guy’s natural hoot, I was not impressed at all. Granted, hunting NW SC birds is about as tough as it gets, I wasn’t impressed with their approach, technique or plan.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by jwterry3 View Post
    It is clear that lot on this thread have not watched THT......

They do it about as good as you can.

Never heard of THT.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    Never heard of these guys. Watched the SC episode. Other than the guy’s natural hoot, I was not impressed at all. Granted, hunting NW SC birds is about as tough as it gets, I wasn’t impressed with their approach, technique or plan.
    They have multiple guys that hunt on this channel. Warb is the best hunter for both deer and turkeys, and he wasn't in SC. They really struggled in SC, but they also picked the most difficult area of the state to go into blind. Most people would hunt there for several days and kill nothing. Watch a few of their other videos from this turkey tour or last years. They know their stuff and seem to be about the right things.

Is this about the hull truth website? Boat people don't generally kill much in the spring. Carry on.

Horse people = turkey poets
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Turkeys in SC aren’t for everyone..

Regardless, every turkey you Yelp up to his death, public or private, is a trophy..

Hopefully strutter decoys and fans will be outlawed east of the Mississippi and we can go back to having fun..
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

I do appreciate they move along/find another gate if someone beats them to a public spot. Public in SC/anywhere is manageable with a dab of courtesy and common sense.

God bless them. I enjoy their content, but SC public up there was a stout challenge. Heck, I’m on private with Toms gobbling like mad in all directions on the roost, and they are schooling me bigtime! This week has infused serious doubt in my brain about my turkey hunting skills! They are killing me!
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

God bless them. I enjoy their content, but SC public up there was a stout challenge. Heck, I’m on private with Toms gobbling like mad in all directions on the roost, and they are schooling me bigtime! This week has infused serious doubt in my brain about my turkey hunting skills! They are killing me!
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

That general area (I'm assuming they were in northern Greenville/Pickens/Oconee) is about as tough turkey hunting as you'll find. I hunted the SC foothills/mountains for about 20 years. I figure my kill rate for birds called within 50 yards was somewhere around 10-20%. Unless you've done it, it's hard to understand how difficult it is to get those birds killed. The topography adds a whole 'nother element to the hunt. Or maybe I'm just a terrible turkey hunter.
    Carolina Counsel

They were in Oconee Co. they were also in birds every day for at least part of the day, but…..that don’t mean a whole lot when it comes to killing them, lol.

I finally swore off mountain birds. It was a good decision, lol.

i finally made myself watch a few episodes

that fella with the long hair and hawk bill reminds me of nobody

i was pretty bored when i watched it

they aint no dave pinhoti thats for sure but props for doing it their way and digging the challenge
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!