Thread: Opening day rantt c

Default Opening day rantt c

Went to a hunting spot in McCormick county on USFS property yesterday, where i actually heard a bird scouting. Nothing at daylight. Started walking, first thing i see is new fire breaks. A hour or two later later i smell smoke.Yep they burning. After lunch i went to clark hill fishing and damn if they aint burning a two mile long area down the lake. Rant over

Well, better to burn on opening day than not burning at all…the good news is that’s probably going to be a good spot to hit next week. I don’t think it bothers them too much. I’ve heard of turkeys using a burn within hours of it passing, but haven’t experienced it first hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are they supposed to do, not burn because it's opening day?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

The turkeys will be there
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

They burn these same woods ever year or every two years , They aint burning it because it needs it. Nothing to burn but broomsedge You can see thru these woods 200 yds before burning. The only thing i see growing is some type of tough looking grass that nothing eats

I'm confused...this sounds like a good thing.

There's a group on Facebook called Carolina Wildlife Syndicate. You should look them up, they hate SCDNR, USFWS, and burning in general and will probably launch an all out attack on whoever is responsible for this travesty
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Whereabouts is this located?

I've watched birds feeding in a burn still smoking at Bonneau Ferry.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill