Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hank Parker on Forward Facing Sonar

Quote Originally Posted by murraywader View Post
    ETaylor is the Coot Nasty of sonar.
    Reckon he owns a mud motor?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

I can’t imagine sitting at the front of the boat and staring at a bunch of pixels to get them to bite. Of course, I don’t see the thrill of tournament fishing either. In a few years, there will be an even crazier advancement that we will argue about and the only thing that will suffer is the resource

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FULLCHOKE View Post
    Isn't it more fun though when you catch them without all the technology?

I guess you have to ask what gets you outside: Having to make the kill/catch, or the enjoyment of the pursuit?

At least that's my outlook on the technological boom in the hunting/fishing industry.
    I just enjoy being on the water, whether I catch fish or not. Thats what us old retired guys do. Last week I was long line trolling. It's fun and an easy way to fish. You still have to search to find the fish. But yes it's fun and I have done it that way for 40 years. Using FFS takes more work and knowledge. Either way is fun for me.
    E T

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Reckon he owns a mud motor?
    I do own a mud boat Feets. Don't use it much any more, other than go to Stumphole and catch some shellcrackers. Chasing a few ducks just don't thrill me any more. I killed my share of them. I was killing ducks on Parr when you were still in diapers Feets.
    E T

I just want to know what the baby doll in the Hank Parker video thinks.

BassMasters is in the entertainment business. The viewership has gone way up since FFS has gotten popular.
    The Lake Fork tournament set new records. For whatever reason, more folks are watching.

I think they may need to limit the number of units and transducers, but FFS is here to stay.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

I have to imagine you are able to estimate the size of the fish based on the FFS signal? So, you can cover water and only cast at the fish you want? How fast can you go?

Quote Originally Posted by E. Taylor View Post
    I do own a mud boat Feets. Don't use it much any more, other than go to Stumphole and catch some shellcrackers. Chasing a few ducks just don't thrill me any more. I killed my share of them. I was killing ducks on Parr when you were still in diapers Feets.
    Damn you old then
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Watched a bit of the Bassmasters classic before the race started this weekend. Have to admit, it was pretty silly and off putting to see how much these guys are just looking at the screen now a days.

The game has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 1/2" MAGUM View Post
    I have to imagine you are able to estimate the size of the fish based on the FFS signal? So, you can cover water and only cast at the fish you want? How fast can you go?
    I’m not familiar with any of this but a friend fished on a boat with some new fangled apparatus recently. He said they could see bass and crappie on the screen…
    Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

Quote Originally Posted by Short_track_champ View Post
    Watched a bit of the Bassmasters classic before the race started this weekend. Have to admit, it was pretty silly and off putting to see how much these guys are just looking at the screen now a days.

The game has changed.
    You're the fella who still watches Nascar, eh?
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    You're the fella who still watches Nascar, eh?
    Background noises.

I'll watch me some Flo, too.
    Last edited by Short_track_champ; 03-26-2024 at 11:26 AM.

FFS is here to stay, like it or not. Just like when when Tom Mann started with the Humminbird Depth Flasher, people said the same thing "If you knew how to fish and where the fish were, why did you need this technology?". After the flasher it was LCR, the list goes on and on, but hey they are part of what got us here today. You either get in or get left behind. Like Timber said, the only thing that will suffer will be the resource. I think you will see tournaments that allow it and others that don't allow it. You already see it in the big saltwater billfish tournament's, levels that allow omni and others that don't. As for Hank's comments, sure I see it being a large expense that some can't afford that give other kids an advantage now but just like football equipment, give these kids that opportunity on their high school bass team to allow them the technology.
    "run and gun guide service"

Let’s beat the hell out of this dead horse!

It’s an advancement in technology. Get over it. Not too far from the electric brake fishing reels, down riggers, down imaging, side imaging, or a damn fish finder/gps in general when they hit the market. Nobody has a problem with spot lock or power poles…? Boat control is a learned art form that doesn’t hardly exist anymore. Why take the 5-10 years to master hovering 30’ above a Christmas tree in 20 mph winds or being able to quietly stop when drifting a bay or flat without spooking anything??? There’s a button for that now. If you want FFS get it, if you don’t then don’t!

Hate to tell him, but FFS is here to stay. The older guys don't like it because a whole new generation of up and coming guys have put the time into it and are using it to win tournaments. Technology change is inevitable. Either get on board with it, or get left behind. I have it on my boat and enjoy using it. Will I ever be as good with it as these young guy, no way, never. But that's OK.
    Some people would be better than others at spotlighting deer but that doesn't make it right.......

More people, more technology, and less game results in reduction your harvest in the long run.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by TXFowler View Post
    Let’s beat the hell out of this dead horse!

It’s an advancement in technology. Get over it. Not too far from the electric brake fishing reels, down riggers, down imaging, side imaging, or a damn fish finder/gps in general when they hit the market. Nobody has a problem with spot lock or power poles…? Boat control is a learned art form that doesn’t hardly exist anymore. Why take the 5-10 years to master hovering 30’ above a Christmas tree in 20 mph winds or being able to quietly stop when drifting a bay or flat without spooking anything??? There’s a button for that now. If you want FFS get it, if you don’t then don’t!

But when does it all become too much?
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Since we have so many experts in here on FFS, I just have one question. How many of you have bought it, installed it on your boat, and have spent the time it takes to become proficient in its use.
    E T

How many of you have bought it, installed it on your boat, and have spent the time it takes to become proficient in its use.
    I'm still learning.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/d8VQSrMA2HJoutch9

This is what I was pointing at.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 03-26-2024 at 01:48 PM.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Meh- this hurting the resource stuff is a load of crap. ANY sanctioned tourney is catch and release. Bass get relocated, but that happens all the time from instagram bros riding fish around all day to take a hero shot at the end of the day and then releasing them....

Social media bros are rougher on the resource than SCDNR managing the whitebass population on santee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?