View Poll Results: Will you show restraint...

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'll delay my season and will only attempt to fill two tags

9 15.52%
  • I'll start when the season starts but will only attempt to fill two tags

17 29.31%
  • I'll delay my season but will attempt to fill all 3 tags

1 1.72%
  • I'm starting when the season comes in and will attempt to fill all 3 tags

31 53.45%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Question On Restraint...

do i have to believe every ounce of the data you base this on?
    did my email to my rep not fix everything?
    has the data taken into account wounded turkeys from TSS-like tickety tok gen X dorks taking shots at 75 yards?
    does this mean the TFC founding members will have to admit their penisis are small if they dont shoot a hen or a jake?
    wasnt trapping supposed to fix all this?

i stand with my Trump-loving buddy, Double Sprig.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by ccleroy View Post
    Common sense has told me what I need to do for the places I hunt over the years in regards to harvest limits. We've self regulated ourselves on our properties and it looks to be helping. I have no problem taking only 2 birds, having more being the end result matters more to me. I want to see numbers like we had 20 years ago again, I want multiple turkeys to hunt and enjoy.
    Self regulation seems to be a hard concept for some to wrap there head around. Unfortunately we are in the time where some people want to shoot/catch a limit , tag out, post about it. Then let that meat freezer burn until they are ready to throw it out.

There needs to be another option, or I went to the trouble of naming my son Michael Wesley Boozer Jr for no reason. #sixtags
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    do i have to believe every ounce of the data you base this on?
    did my email to my rep not fix everything?
    has the data taken into account wounded turkeys from TSS-like tickety tok gen X dorks taking shots at 75 yards?
    does this mean the TFC founding members will have to admit their penisis are small if they dont shoot a hen or a jake?
    wasnt trapping supposed to fix all this?

i stand with my Trump-loving buddy, Double Sprig.
    Is that kind of like fluoride data?
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    There is an interesting bill being brought to the House relating to habitat mgt.....I'm interested in seeing where it goes.

Any details on this bill, Cali?
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

There is an interesting bill being brought to the House relating to habitat mgt.....I'm interested in seeing where it goes.
    How about giving us the short version.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 03-18-2024 at 05:38 PM.

Is that kind of like fluoride data?
    I am sure you can find a wealth of data for and against.

Which part gets you? The wounded turkey debate? it wasnt included in any of the studies. I think its part of the picture.
    We were told trapping was key but yet we still have an issue and turkeys and raccoons have co-existed for a long time.
    Shooting hens or jakes, or even over-the-limit? I never have but have heard stories from others. This also isnt included in the data.

So, yeah, I kinda get pissy too when it comes to jumping on this turkey bandwagon....

and is it how many turkeys you kill or how many you kill relative to the past?
    and is it fair to judge all turkey population with such a wide brush?
    and bully for you for holding out till april, Cali. not everyone has your options or population.

I'm just glad that all this research is proving what I started saying in the early 2000's or thereabouts. There was an article in a turkey call magazine that was a "Guide to hunting out of state" or some such shit that listed out season details for each state. There were 2 states (TWO) that had 5 bird limits. Us and Alabama. Alabama's estimated population was twice what ours was. So naturally, my first question was, why do we have the same 5 bird limit they do when they have twice the turkeys?

Nobody at NWTF was able to answer my question. All they wanted to know was how many banquets I was gonna go to.

Anybody with half a brain knows turkeys are easier to kill in March, that's never been breaking news. But nobody knew the repercussions.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Where's the option for "I'll get hung up on one bird all season and he will make an ass of me"?
    Molon Labe
    HRCH Coal's Sparkleberry Cache MH

In short it would financially incentivize certain habitat Improvement treatments. It would function as a state deduction or credit as I understand it and is something you would file on a tax return. I think the hurdle is getting approval from the house Financial committee.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

I will shoot my one in the first 10 days if given the opportunity. My oldest son shot one on youth and he will have the opportunity to shoot another during the first 10 days of the season if he wants it. I will try my best to fill my three tags. I am all for a later start date in Zone 4 of April 1 but any later is absurd, it should have never changed to begin with. I am also against lowering the tags from 3. How many people actually kill 3 turkeys a year? That is a change to say a change was made and nothing more.
    Psalm 42:1 "As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God."

I plan to kill 3 this year but I leave more than I take. I enjoy being able to go hear multiple birds still gobbling after the season is over.

Quote Originally Posted by skrimp View Post
    Where's the option for "I'll get hung up on one bird all season and he will make an ass of me"?
    bonus points for said turkey being named.

I'll try my damnedest to kill one in Allendale or Barnwell county Friday. Then I'll try my damnedest to help Walker kill another bird on our place up here.

In short it would financially incentivize certain habitat Improvement treatments. It would function as a state deduction or credit as I understand it and is something you would file on a tax return. I think the hurdle is getting approval from the house Financial committee.
    Hopefully it will incentivize timber companies to start burning again. Lots of habitat lost since they’ve viewed fire as a risk rather than a resource.

It's a tough thing to think about for sure. I do agree with the proposed date changes, still iffy on two birds, but will have no issue if they go that route. I don't personally own any land and have no say at my clubs on who kills what or how many the clubs kills overall, so as of now I go when that state allows me and I try to spread out kills across more than one property.
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am sure you can find a wealth of data for and against.

Which part gets you? The wounded turkey debate? it wasnt included in any of the studies. I think its part of the picture.
    We were told trapping was key but yet we still have an issue and turkeys and raccoons have co-existed for a long time.
    Shooting hens or jakes, or even over-the-limit? I never have but have heard stories from others. This also isnt included in the data.

So, yeah, I kinda get pissy too when it comes to jumping on this turkey bandwagon....

and is it how many turkeys you kill or how many you kill relative to the past?
    and is it fair to judge all turkey population with such a wide brush?
    and bully for you for holding out till april, Cali. not everyone has your options or population.
    You'll never convince me that more birds are wounded or lost because of TSS.
    The same asshats would take shots too far with lead, hevi, or whatever as you know of plenty of lost birds before TSS.
    As far as judging all turkey populations with the same wide brush....it's a difficult pill to swallow even for me since I don't have a "turkey problem."
    But, wildlife is held in trust by the State and they're not mine so I swallow the pill.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post

Nobody at NWTF was able to answer my question. All they wanted to know was how many banquets I was gonna go to.
    The Likker and the Sticker orgs have done far more harm than good to our wildlife. And it isn't really close. We are UN LIMITED alright...

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post

The Likker and the Sticker orgs have done far more harm than good to our wildlife. And it isn't really close. We are UN LIMITED alright...

You'll never convince me that more birds are wounded or lost because of TSS.
    The same asshats would take shots too far with lead, hevi, or whatever as you know of plenty of lost birds before TSS.
    100% accurate statement!