Mods please move to TP if that is more appropriate.

I'm looking to buy a private land turkey hunt for dad. I didnt inherit the turkey hunting gene from him, but I understand how most people.feel about, so I know this is going to be a big ask.

A little background, and this may be a bit of a sob story, maybe it is, but hear me out. Remember I'm willing to PAY. My dad retired last year finally at the age of 74 and can finally come to visit and hunt the property I bought 5 years ago. Problem is they clearcut a tract of timber behind me that severely altered the travel patterns I had been seeing. Until last summer I had turkeys in my back field and roosting over my beaver pond daily. I haven't seen nary a one since they clearcut.

"Ok, there's tons of public land in SC, take him there and find you a turkey.". I would. Problem is, Dad is on his fourth round of chemotherapy. Most of pancreas and his gall bladder have been removed. Still has cancer in stomach, liver, lungs. This current of chemo has absolutely kicked his ass. He's been pumped full of poison for two years. During their last visit for my daughters birthday last month, I finally had to come to terms with the fact that he's not coming back from this. It's not going to regress. He has 9 more months of this chemo before they regroup and try a different poison. Add to that he also has COPD, yes, he was a smoker but gave it up 15 years ago, day late, dollar short. Plus last week we learn he's also diabetic now. He's withered from a solid 180lb man to all of 130lb. His energy is about depleted but damn he's so excited about coming down to turkey hunt my property.

But the no birds thing, that sucks. He's already paid the $300 that it cost for an out of state license/tags (minimum to kill one damn turkey). I can't take him to WMA because he can't cross a parking lot without being winded. He's bringing his SxS just to be able to travel my 36 acres.

And of course, he's coming down for opening week. I understand opening day is precious to most so later in the week is fine. I will be with him, but only one gun and I'm not touching it.

Again I'm looking for a PAID, non guided hunt. Not asking for a handout by any means.