Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Constitutional Carry Just Passed the Senate!!!!!

My head hurts
    What is going to be the simple can and can'ts without cwp
    Bluetick

Quote Originally Posted by beech View Post
    So how many of you have ever had property or person searched for a speeding ticket? I'm at least 5-0 against that spread.
    I've had them ask if I had any weapons on me!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    you're the contrarian. mention trump and the riots.
    Trump's a bitch ass "republican" Yankee and the "insurrection", as the libs call it, was of his own doing.

He cowars to big pharma, the military industrial complex, all of the big three letter agencies (ATF in particular), and the rest of "the swamp".

Change my mind.

How's that, 2fer?

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

prayers sent
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

So how many of you have ever had property or person searched for a speeding ticket? I'm at least 5-0 against that spread.
    I've never been pulled over without the question concerning firearms in my vehicle or on my person, if I remember correctly.

"Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Go tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    prayers sent
    Lol.

"Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Go tigers!

I have. I got pulled for speeding in the city of Charleston and told the officer I had a pistol in the center console. He told me to keep my hands on the wheel while he went around to the passenger side, opened and reached into my center console, took out my pistol and without checking to see if it was loaded or on safe, tucked it into his pants with no holster.

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    My point being my name doesn’t have to be on a .gov list to exercise my 2nd Amendment right. No I do not have a cwp or a suppressor because I don’t want to be on a list more than I want those items.

How did that saying go, first they came for the Jews then they came for the Catholics and finally they came for me or something along those lines. Our government has proven time and time again they will crush opposition.
    If you've EVER filled out a 4473, you're on "a list." Trust me, as I have definitive proof...

Sent via Galaxy s23 Ultra using Tapatalk

that aint right, is it? (responding to PB)
    Last edited by 2thDoc; 03-07-2024 at 01:24 PM.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    I have. I got pulled for speeding in the city of Charleston and told the officer I had a pistol in the center console. He told me to keep my hands on the wheel while he went around to the passenger side, opened and reached into my center console, took out my pistol and without checking to see if it was loaded or on safe, tucked it into his pants with no holster.
    I've let them do that a few times, but legally, can they?
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    I've let them do that a few times, but legally, can they?
    If I were a cop, I'd probably want control of all the firearms I knew about.

But, I'm not a cop.

"Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Go tigers!

Our law says if approached by law enforcement (for what ever reason) you are supposed to identify yourself as a CWP and you are in possession of a concealed weapon. Having done so many many times i have never had to surrender my weapon or even display it (very dangerous to do by the way) in multiple states. One thing to note, when they pull you over and run your tag they already know you have a CWP. Except for my case in a company vehicle they cant match up the vehicle to the CWP. My son got pulled over and the offer asked if he was carrying a concealed weapon, which he wasn't. Officer said he could see he had a CWP when he ran his tag.

Yeah but he took my word that I only had one gun. For all he knew, I could have had another in my waistband.

Having a CWP and telling a cop you have a weapon in your car is not grounds for a search.

With all the crossed out and added stuff we need Cliff notes for this thing or book CWP for dummies

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by centurian View Post
    Our law says if approached by law enforcement (for what ever reason) you are supposed to identify yourself as a CWP and you are in possession of a concealed weapon. Having done so many many times i have never had to surrender my weapon or even display it (very dangerous to do by the way) in multiple states. One thing to note, when they pull you over and run your tag they already know you have a CWP. Except for my case in a company vehicle they cant match up the vehicle to the CWP. My son got pulled over and the offer asked if he was carrying a concealed weapon, which he wasn't. Officer said he could see he had a CWP when he ran his tag.
    Probably just a wording issue but it depends on what you mean by “approached”. You have to inform when they ask to see your ID or Drivers License but not for casual conversation. Not all the states are the same though. For example, unless things have changed, in NC you have to inform even in casual conversation.

This is part of the reason I have mixed feelings about constitutional carry. Obviously I am a little biased because I am an instructor but in nearly every class I teach there is usually one or two folks who believe you can use deadly force where you legally can’t……as well as situations that require a certain amount of knowledge to stay out of trouble, such as the differences with other states.

Having said that I am all for as many folks carrying as legally possible…..and the record, in other states with CC they typically have not had many problems with poor judgment or lack of knowledge.

In the few times I have had an official interaction with an officer while carrying I have handed my permit to them and told them where the gun was located. Never had any further actions or inquiries. Might be because of my gray hair.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

Where does this put the CWP instructors?

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    I believe this is it. Shows the last amendment being yesterday. Tell me if I'm wrong.

https://www.scstatehouse.gov/sess125...bills/3594.htm
    That is the correct one. The language about getting stopped by an officer will end up in court. That is way too much discretion. They tried to make it as clean as possible, but that left a whole lotta wiggle room.

Section 23-31-245. A person openly carrying a weapon in accordance with this article does not give a law enforcement officer reasonable suspicion or probable cause to search, detain, or arrest the person. This article does not prevent a law enforcement officer from searching, detaining, or arresting a person when he has a particularized and objective basis for suspecting the particular person stopped of criminal activity. A person merely carrying a weapon in accordance with this article is not sufficient to justify a search, detention, or arrest.

Notice it says open carry. It doesn't say anything about a concealed that may protrude and draw attention. Dude is wearing a Grateful Dead shirt sitting and his gun is outlined. Rolls up to a road block, Cop sees both says he has an objective cause searches said car finds 3 seeds his buddy who actually smokes left in the car while rolling one the other day. Now the guy has a gun charge. I could go on an on of real life scenarios I've run across in CWP training classes, and actual SLED courses for continuing education.

Expungement is a good idea. It probably needs to be tiered as well. I would have done 1/5/15 then no more, but no one consulted me.

This is curious to me:Section 22-5-910. (A) Following a conviction for a crime carrying a penalty of not more than thirty days imprisonment or a fine of one thousand dollars, or both, or a first offense for unlawful possession of a firearm or weapon carrying a penalty of not more than one year or a fine of one thousand dollars, or both, the defendant after three years from the date of the conviction, including a conviction in magistrates or general sessions court, may apply, or cause someone acting on his behalf to apply, to the circuit court for an order expunging the records of the arrest and conviction and any associated bench warrant. However, this section does not apply to an offense involving the operation of a motor vehicle.

Why would you need to have a charge expunged for a crime with a penalty of not more than 30 days?

Everywhere else it is over one year. But in this bill if you have a misdemeanor that carries over a year i.e. a year and one day you can not own a firearm in the state. The federal side will not let you buy a gun or have federal contract or license. But you can own fire arms. Now SC just took your right to own a gun or ammo.

The 2 years for drinking a beer and having a gun on you is a tad much. I know you couldn't even wit ha CWP, but I was thinking that was 1 year?? I can't remember everything.

This is the best out of all of it:Section 16-23-495. (A) A person convicted of committing or attempting to commit a crime involving a concealable weapon, as defined by Section 23-31-210(5), in violation of an offense listed in Chapter 23, Title 16, or a violation of Section 10-11-320, must be imprisoned not to exceed three years. A term of imprisonment imposed for violating this section must be served consecutively to any term of imprisonment imposed for the underlying offense, and may not exceed the actual sentence imposed for the underlying offense.
    (B) This section does not apply to a person with a valid permit to carry a concealable weapon issued pursuant to Article 4, Chapter 31, Title 23, provided that the permit was valid at the time the crime was committed.
    So commit a crime with a CW with out a CWP 3 years. Commit same crime with a CWP your ok. I guess this is some sort upping charges?
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Where does this put the CWP instructors?
    Teaching more classes. Sled does not have the resources to run 2 classes in every county a month. They will have to contract with local instructors to give the class.
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    That is the correct one. The language about getting stopped by an officer will end up in court. That is way too much discretion. They tried to make it as clean as possible, but that left a whole lotta wiggle room.

Section 23-31-245. A person openly carrying a weapon in accordance with this article does not give a law enforcement officer reasonable suspicion or probable cause to search, detain, or arrest the person. This article does not prevent a law enforcement officer from searching, detaining, or arresting a person when he has a particularized and objective basis for suspecting the particular person stopped of criminal activity. A person merely carrying a weapon in accordance with this article is not sufficient to justify a search, detention, or arrest.

Notice it says open carry. It doesn't say anything about a concealed that may protrude and draw attention. Dude is wearing a Grateful Dead shirt sitting and his gun is outlined. Rolls up to a road block, Cop sees both says he has an objective cause searches said car finds 3 seeds his buddy who actually smokes left in the car while rolling one the other day. Now the guy has a gun charge. I could go on an on of real life scenarios I've run across in CWP training classes, and actual SLED courses for continuing education.

Expungement is a good idea. It probably needs to be tiered as well. I would have done 1/5/15 then no more, but no one consulted me.

This is curious to me:Section 22-5-910. (A) Following a conviction for a crime carrying a penalty of not more than thirty days imprisonment or a fine of one thousand dollars, or both, or a first offense for unlawful possession of a firearm or weapon carrying a penalty of not more than one year or a fine of one thousand dollars, or both, the defendant after three years from the date of the conviction, including a conviction in magistrates or general sessions court, may apply, or cause someone acting on his behalf to apply, to the circuit court for an order expunging the records of the arrest and conviction and any associated bench warrant. However, this section does not apply to an offense involving the operation of a motor vehicle.

Why would you need to have a charge expunged for a crime with a penalty of not more than 30 days?

Everywhere else it is over one year. But in this bill if you have a misdemeanor that carries over a year i.e. a year and one day you can not own a firearm in the state. The federal side will not let you buy a gun or have federal contract or license. But you can own fire arms. Now SC just took your right to own a gun or ammo.

The 2 years for drinking a beer and having a gun on you is a tad much. I know you couldn't even wit ha CWP, but I was thinking that was 1 year?? I can't remember everything.

This is the best out of all of it:Section 16-23-495. (A) A person convicted of committing or attempting to commit a crime involving a concealable weapon, as defined by Section 23-31-210(5), in violation of an offense listed in Chapter 23, Title 16, or a violation of Section 10-11-320, must be imprisoned not to exceed three years. A term of imprisonment imposed for violating this section must be served consecutively to any term of imprisonment imposed for the underlying offense, and may not exceed the actual sentence imposed for the underlying offense.
    (B) This section does not apply to a person with a valid permit to carry a concealable weapon issued pursuant to Article 4, Chapter 31, Title 23, provided that the permit was valid at the time the crime was committed.
    So commit a crime with a CW with out a CWP 3 years. Commit same crime with a CWP your ok. I guess this is some sort upping charges?
    I couldn't tell you the last time I've seen a seed in my stash...

That's all I got out of this. Carry on.

"Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Go tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    I couldn't tell you the last time I've seen a seed in my stash...

That's all I got out of this. Carry on.

no shit,
    If you want a few seeds, you better go to seedbank in Holland and order them pricey MFers
    Last edited by ecu1984; 03-07-2024 at 04:12 PM.