Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Constitutional Carry Just Passed the Senate!!!!!

Thanks for posting that video, SW338. I listen to that guy once in awhile and he’s good at clarifying things like Tom Grieve of Wisconsin.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Here is some needed clarification.

https://www.sled.sc.gov/forms/regula...20Guidance.pdf

Funny... I spoke with a sled officer today and two county officers about the new law. Got two separate stories about enforcement with the questions I asked. The main takeaway is don't act stupid and you'll probably be ok.

I don’t know what code section speeding is in. But it’s hard to imagine they passed a bill that says if you’re speeding and have a gun in the car you go to jail. Dig out the code and post it here for speeding if that’s what you think this bill does. I read that as committing a crime with a gun and convicted without a CWP then you get additional time. CWP holder could still go to jail if convicted of committing a crime with a gun, just not get the extra time that a constitutional carry would get added on. DT you wanna chime in? We have some really really dumb assholes voting if we passed a bill that will allow you to go to jail for speeding while carrying.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Thanks for the SLED link. Looks like I am good to go in the truck and can tote without a cwp*
    cut\'em

Ain’t nobody going to jail over a gun in the car unless you’ve already done some really bad shit.

however, i do not suggest Holding a perpetrator at gun point, police don’t like that for some reason.
    Windows Down!

Quote Originally Posted by raybird View Post
    Ain’t nobody going to jail over a gun in the car unless you’ve already done some really bad shit.

however, i do not suggest Holding a perpetrator at gun point, police don’t like that for some reason.
    Reckon they’d rather us shoot the perp or just hold him at gun point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    "Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose."

- Genghis Kahn
    That was Janis Joplin ya big dummy.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

To be fair Mr Kahn and Ms Joplin did have a remarkably strange resimbalence.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

One question 18 YO can now apply for CWP or constitutional carry. Can an 18 YO purchase a handgun in SC?

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    That was Janis Joplin ya big dummy.....
    You’re both dummies, it was Kris Kristofferson. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by centurian View Post
    One question 18 YO can now apply for CWP or constitutional carry. Can an 18 YO purchase a handgun in SC?
    18 year olds can purchase a handgun from a private party or be gifted a handgun, but have to be 21 to buy from an FFL. Unless there’s a change I/we missed, this is from the legislation passed back in 2008.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    18 year olds can purchase a handgun from a private party or be gifted a handgun, but have to be 21 to buy from an FFL. Unless there’s a change I/we missed, this is from the legislation passed back in 2008.
    Nope you got it.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Duck View Post
    I don’t know what code section speeding is in. But it’s hard to imagine they passed a bill that says if you’re speeding and have a gun in the car you go to jail. Dig out the code and post it here for speeding if that’s what you think this bill does. I read that as committing a crime with a gun and convicted without a CWP then you get additional time. CWP holder could still go to jail if convicted of committing a crime with a gun, just not get the extra time that a constitutional carry would get added on. DT you wanna chime in? We have some really really dumb assholes voting if we passed a bill that will allow you to go to jail for speeding while carrying.
    Title 56

56-5-1520
    "It's like dejavu all over again"
    "90% of the game is half mental" Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    You’re both dummies, it was Kris Kristofferson. Sheesh.
    I already pointed that out. Get in line…

Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

My bad, had you on ignore

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    My bad, had you on ignore
    Figgers