Thread: Next NC Governor?

Default Next NC Governor?

Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Robinson would be a much needed improvement to NC...

Hard to outvote Charlotte, Raleigh, and Asheville.

I'd like to see him win but he'll have a hard time beating Josh Stein

Can’t get much worst than cooper

We can only hope. He's not perfect but I like him personally. His wife is a great person as well. Together they truly care about our communities and commonsense policies. I'm not sure how original his ideas are but regardless he's a good guy.

It amazes me how suddenly the majority political party affiliation changes when you cross the state line into NC. And I’m not talking about transplants. I’m talking about native WNC folks. You can love the environment and still be conservative. Very interesting.

He was the only R Candidate for Gov that the main stream local media was working hard to discredit.

He had already earned my vote.
    Vegetarian: Native American for Piss Poor Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Chap View Post
    It amazes me how suddenly the majority political party affiliation changes when you cross the state line into NC. And I’m not talking about transplants. I’m talking about native WNC folks. You can love the environment and still be conservative. Very interesting.
    Hippies dude. It’s really not a stretch.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Your opinion is probably based on Charlotte. I travel through union county almost daily and lived in Uwharrie for 10 years and those places are far from liberal. I'd like to know the percentage of Charlotteans that are transplants

Quote Originally Posted by Huntinjunkie View Post
    Your opinion is probably based on Charlotte. I travel through union county almost daily and lived in Uwharrie for 10 years and those places are far from liberal. I'd like to know the percentage of Charlotteans that are transplants
    Actually, I was referring to small towns in Transylvania, Henderson, and Polk counties. Wasn't referring to the larger towns farther up the road toward Asheville or anything around Charlotte.

Charlotte, Burlington, Wilmington, Raleigh, Durham, as well as the entire Research Triangle area skew the vote in NC as it does in most state with large population centers.

You're in the city limits then ... Outside of that it's pretty conservative.

Actually, I was referring to small towns in Transylvania, Henderson, and Polk counties. Wasn't referring to the larger towns farther up the road toward Asheville or anything around Charlotte.
    Yep. You can easily find large families who have lived in those hollers and creeks for generations that vote straight Dem only because their families always have.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Yep. You can easily find large families who have lived in those hollers and creeks for generations that vote straight Dem only because their families always have.
    Every time one of those "democrat chain voters" breaks their chain, our republic gets a little stronger.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Identical plight of black folks. Just axe my mom, smh.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

it sure seems true, BB-jab-rh.

asheville has certainly changed demographics, but do homeless college kids even vote?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    it sure seems true, BB-jab-rh.

asheville has certainly changed demographics, but do homeless college kids even vote?
    Somebody might vote for them
    cut\'em

Everyone should visit Asheville on a holiday weekend. It is better than going to the comedy zone.