Thread: S-M-O-K-I-N’!

Default S-M-O-K-I-N’!

There are just a few songs in my music-loving-history that are covers of popular tunes where I actually prefer the cover. VH covering “Girl, you really got me” may have been the first I was aware of. The Geateful Dead covered some tunes…and as much as I love the Dead, I prefer the originals in most cases. Examples are “The Race is On,” “Good Lovin,” Johnny B Goode.”

I never would have thought for a second that I’d ever see/hear a Pink Floyd song covered that I prefer to listen to over the original. Ever. Then…this incredible awesomeness pops up on my suggested vids on YouTube. Hope someone digs this and their other jams as much as I do.

BTW…if you can, hold off on listening to this till you have good headphones or can play it through a quality stereo cranked the %^*# up.

Last edited by WhitewaterDuck; 03-05-2024 at 06:40 AM.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Dude has the phaser cranking on that guitar. Love it!

I prefer David and Roger on vocals.

Interestingly enough did you know the original vocals were recorded by Roy Harper!

The same Roy Harper that Zeppelin sang about, and he hung out with them a good bit!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

That was so clean. Very well done. It reminds me of when I used to play with some guys back in college. I’m our heads we were that good.

That was fantastic! Thank you for sharing.

I know that kid rocking the SG got so into that three minutes into the 4.5 minutes guitar solo, he actually stood up. Well done. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

That was good.

That was pretty good cover, but I like the original PFloyd version better.

I like to listen to music on Youtube, it brings another level to the enjoyment of the music. Plug in a sound bar and a subwoofer and turn it up.

Here is a cover of The Chain originally done by Stevie Nicks that came across my feed a few months ago. I'm a big fan of Stevie Nicks but I think this cover is as good or better than the original.

Maren Morris is talented. She's a bleeding-heart liberal, but she is talented. She covered a Fleetwood Mac song, Songbird, on Howard Stern one day. It's not a rock song per se, but she did an incredible job.

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    That was pretty good cover, but I like the original PFloyd version better.

I like to listen to music on Youtube, it brings another level to the enjoyment of the music. Plug in a sound bar and a subwoofer and turn it up.

Here is a cover of The Chain originally done by Stevie Nicks that came across my feed a few months ago. I'm a big fan of Stevie Nicks but I think this cover is as good or better than the original.

So were you in the highering pool of people she was looking to higher to blow blow up her butt? Apparently she was so into blow it was eroding her nose and effecting her voice so she had to have it analy injected. Not all that uncommon for singers. Rod Stewart or rather Carmen Appiece, admitted that Stewart would take capsules and put the coke in them and insert them into his rectum.

What is unusual is Nicks opted to have it blown in with a straw?

She also proclaims herself to be a witch.......
    Last edited by Silentweapon338; 03-06-2024 at 10:12 AM.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

I'd blow cocaine up her butt morning, noon and night if she wanted me to.

Witch? Is she a good witch or a bad witch?
    Last edited by scatter shot; 03-06-2024 at 12:20 PM.

Speaking of witches, Samantha Stevens was a good witch and smoking hot also.
    Last edited by scatter shot; 03-06-2024 at 01:00 PM.