Thread: Hunting boots

Default Hunting boots

Been wearing a pair of Under Armour boots for the last 5 years. They are a 6" hiking/mountain uninsulated style boot and want another pair. Unfortunately, they don't make them anymore. Anyone have any experience with:

Crispi Thor
    Lowa Renegade
    Schnee Kestrel
    Zambarlan Guide

I just bought the Schnee beartooth's and they are by far the most comfortable boots ive ever worn

For hunting South Florida, I’m really liking the Eddie Bauer Water Sandal. You can get a pair for $24.99 at Sam’s and you’re set. I’d almost be scared to wear them to Bingo night at Sun City. By far my favorite water sandals I’ve ever worn.

Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

The Crispi Thor’s are great. Very rigid soles. Great for rocky terrain and serious hiking. If you’re headed west they would be at the top of my list

Quote Originally Posted by Shallow Minded View Post
    I just bought the Schnee beartooth's and they are by far the most comfortable boots ive ever worn
    I am looking hard at those. I am on my second pair of crispi idaho gtx II in 5 years. I wear them 300 days a year probably. I bought them for work in surveying after I could only make an Irish setter boot last 6-8 months before it hurt my feet or wasn’t waterproof anymore. That’s a death sentence for a pair of boots for me as much as we deal with crossing creeks and such. I am torn between a third pair or getting the beartooth. Part of me wants to go back to a leather boot but if it’s broke don’t fix it right. Going to the crispis was a game changer. They are 100x more durable than the cheaper brands. If you’re only hunting out of them you should get many years out of them. Unless you are just in the field hunting that much.

Keen Targhee 3 is great. They look a little goofy, but you can just about buy 3 pairs for the price of some of the others out there. Solid boot for almost everything I do.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

2nd on Keen
    I have been wearing the Targhee II's for years. I am on my 4-5th pair. Probably wear them200 days a year. Get the wide ones as they tend to run narrow.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Can’t speak on the Renegades, but I have worn Lowa Zephers everyday for the past 7 years.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    I am looking hard at those. I am on my second pair of crispi idaho gtx II in 5 years. I wear them 300 days a year probably. I bought them for work in surveying after I could only make an Irish setter boot last 6-8 months before it hurt my feet or wasn’t waterproof anymore. That’s a death sentence for a pair of boots for me as much as we deal with crossing creeks and such. I am torn between a third pair or getting the beartooth. Part of me wants to go back to a leather boot but if it’s broke don’t fix it right. Going to the crispis was a game changer. They are 100x more durable than the cheaper brands. If you’re only hunting out of them you should get many years out of them. Unless you are just in the field hunting that much.
    I just wore out my first pair of schnee beartooth. They lasted 18 months and @ 2500miles before the soles wore out. The leather is still decent and the waterproofing is good except in one spot i assume i stuck a thorn though it.
    I also have a pair of the mids and they are decent, put maybe 750 miles on them and they are in great shape but not as comfortable. keen, danner, oboz, last me 3-6 months max.
    Windows Down!

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Quote Originally Posted by raybird View Post
    I just wore out my first pair of schnee beartooth. They lasted 18 months and @ 2500miles before the soles wore out. The leather is still decent and the waterproofing is good except in one spot i assume i stuck a thorn though it.
    I also have a pair of the mids and they are decent, put maybe 750 miles on them and they are in great shape but not as comfortable. keen, danner, oboz, last me 3-6 months max.
    Do you wear a pedometer when you go hunting or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
    Do you wear a pedometer when you go hunting or something?
    Kinda, I wear a Garmin watch and hunt almost everyday.
    Windows Down!

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Dick View Post
    Can’t speak on the Renegades, but I have worn Lowa Zephers everyday for the past 7 years.
    Those are only pair of Lowa's I've had the chance to try on. They felt great but more like a duty boot. How are they in the woods?