Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: College Baseball 2024

Clemson is hosting FSU this weekend. The Noles are the only remaining unbeaten team and won in Gainesville last week. This will tell how good either team is.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntinjunkie View Post
    Clemson is hosting FSU this weekend. The Noles are the only remaining unbeaten team and won in Gainesville last week. This will tell how good either team is.
    Looking forward to it, should be a good series. These baseball nerds kill me. FSU just now showing up in the the polls is a joke, especially when Florida's trash ass is still in the top 10.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Think they both may be on the way out, which is fine with me.

Does baseball pay for itself or does it need financial assistance from the football program?

Asking for a friend.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Does baseball pay for itself or does it need financial assistance from the football program?

Asking for a friend.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk
    That's bullshit everyone knows you ain't got any friends

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    I personally think they both need lifetime contracts, but if you're gonna can him, they need to clean out the whole building......
    Dawn Staley for ad!

I've watched most every game Clemson has played. They are playing well. It's still early in the season so I'm not worried about the bullpen just yet. There are certainly some questions that need to be answered and some guys that need to step up, but there's plenty of time for all that to happen. Clayton (except for that mistake yesterday) has been good, along with Titsworth and Hughes.

As a side note, the comments on literally anything that Gamecock Baseball's twitter account posts right now are elite

I've also been enjoying the struggles that Wake has had the past couple of weeks. That pitching lab doesn't seem to be working as well this year as it did last year. Wonder if Burns regrets leaving Tennessee? 4

Also, fuck Tennessee, just because Billy Amick left Clemson and went there. (Roll MFin Tide)
    I agree that I think they will figure it out, I was just saying if they dont it will bite them at the worst possible time. Clayton is great, he did have the one mistake Sunday but had a shutdown inning to limit damage the frame before. Hughes is a stud and needs to be the high leverage closer, which I think Bakich understands now fully. The other guy I have been impressed with is the Wofford transfer, Marchand. They have a logjam in the lineup too now that the sparkplug that is Purify has seemingly taken over at 2B and continues to make things happen at the plate and on the bases with his speed. We didnt see hardly any of Nawrocki this past weekend after he played all year to this point, and Jarrell supposedly is close to returning at catcher, which will give Obertop some time off as well. Starting pitching health will be critical as always, but I like what I have seen from Tristan Smith and Knaack so far. Austin Gordon will get it going on Fridays before long, I'm not worried about him. All in all I think they are a good team with a pretty good hitting approach too, much improved from Lee's teams just hacking away at everything and hitting homers or pop ups, nothing in between. The Gamecocks are finding out about that approach now too.

Quote Originally Posted by WatereesWatson View Post
    I agree that I think they will figure it out, I was just saying if they dont it will bite them at the worst possible time. Clayton is great, he did have the one mistake Sunday but had a shutdown inning to limit damage the frame before. Hughes is a stud and needs to be the high leverage closer, which I think Bakich understands now fully. The other guy I have been impressed with is the Wofford transfer, Marchand. They have a logjam in the lineup too now that the sparkplug that is Purify has seemingly taken over at 2B and continues to make things happen at the plate and on the bases with his speed. We didnt see hardly any of Nawrocki this past weekend after he played all year to this point, and Jarrell supposedly is close to returning at catcher, which will give Obertop some time off as well. Starting pitching health will be critical as always, but I like what I have seen from Tristan Smith and Knaack so far. Austin Gordon will get it going on Fridays before long, I'm not worried about him. All in all I think they are a good team with a pretty good hitting approach too, much improved from Lee's teams just hacking away at everything and hitting homers or pop ups, nothing in between. The Gamecocks are finding out about that approach now too.
    I don't disagree with anything you said. I was told Nawrocki is injured, not sure the extent of it, but I did see what looked like a cast or some type of wrap on his left hand/wrist after the game Sunday. Hopefully nothing serious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

I don't disagree with anything you said. I was told Nawrocki is injured, not sure the extent of it, but I did see what looked like a cast or some type of wrap on his left hand/wrist after the game Sunday. Hopefully nothing serious.
    I believe Nawrocki had a pretty serious burn on his hand. Its been nice having Purify to plug in at 2nd for a while. I hate Cannarella tore his labrum. He started out red hot, but I wonder if the injury is starting to bother him some. If they can find a Friday starter they could make a run this year.

Well don't have to worry about a Friday starter this week. Clemson Vs. FSU postponed to Saturday. Double header. First pitch at 1PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireman View Post
    Well don't have to worry about a Friday starter this week. Clemson Vs. FSU postponed to Saturday. Double header. First pitch at 1PM.
    I think I saw 1&5

Mercy rule in game 1

Noles going to take game 2.
    Last edited by Saltydog235; 03-23-2024 at 06:06 PM.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Cocks win game 1. Looking good in game 2 through 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Mercy rule in game 1

Noles going to take game 2.
    Not so fast my friend!

Heck of a 9th for the Tigers.

One of the best innings of baseball I’ve ever seen. Even after the grand slam, Tigers had a long row to hoe.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Can’t believe they came back

This state is blessed to have three really good teams. It appears Petry and Messina are emerging from their slumps.

Quote Originally Posted by CofC Waterfowler View Post
    Not so fast my friend!
    LOL, last I saw was 8-1 in the 9th. Then 2.5hrs in the car. It’s great to be wrong.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Gamecocks sweep #3 Vandy.