Thread: PETA attacks lottery winner

When does the season on eco-nuts open, I want to fill my tag [img]graemlins/bigun.gif[/img]

Here is a letter that PETA sent the truck driver that just one the lottery.

March 8, 2007
    Dear Mr. Nabors:
    On behalf of PETA and our more than 1.6 million members and supporters, I’d like to congratulate you on winning the lottery! This must be a very exciting time for you and your family.
    We have heard that you are planning to use your newfound financial freedom to “do a lot of fishing.” I’m writing to ask you to pitch your fishing pole and pick up a hobby that doesn’t involve hurting animals instead.
    Fish are smart, interesting animals with unique personalities—just like the dogs and cats who share our homes. A recent issue of Fish and Fisheries cited more than 500 research papers on fish intelligence. Fish can use tools and have impressive long-term memories and sophisticated social structures—just like people. Fish can even learn to avoid nets by watching other fish in their schools. Some fish lay their eggs on leaves and then transport them to safer locations. I have enclosed some more information detailing the intellectual capabilities of fish.
    Fish are fascinating and intelligent, but the most important reason not to hurt them is that they are as capable of feeling pain as all other animals. Imagine reaching for an apple on a tree and suddenly feeling your hand impaled by a metal hook that pulls you—the whole weight of your body dragging on that hand—out of the air and into an environment in which you can’t breathe. This is what fish experience when they are hooked for “sport.”
    Rather than using your millions to spend time abusing animals, perhaps you could travel the world and enjoy nature without killing anyone. If you don’t have one already, please buy a computer—or three—and check out www.FishingHurts.com for more information about fish, their personalities, and the fact that they feel pain just as dogs and cats do.
    Thank you, and again, congratulations on your win.
    Sincerely,
    Matt Prescott

http://blog.peta.org/archives/2007/0...to_lottery.php
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

I've caught a lot of fish and I ain't never heard the first one scream in pain! I've heard some grunt!
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Originally posted by duckcommander727:
    Rather than using your millions to spend time abusing animals, perhaps you could travel the world and enjoy nature without killing anyone.
    They really don't know where they stand, do they? The same people who are also without fail "environmentalists" are telling a driver of a big rig to "travel the world". Think of all the little bugs that will end up in the bottom of the truck stop wash bucket. OH, THE HORRAH!!!!

They are really too much...
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Not to mention dumping the ballast from the tanks when the ships are at port arriving from places with bionic mussels, lampreys, etc... leaving us with all kinds of exotic goodies that wreck our eco-system. They fight the wrong battle.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

If I were in his position, (Lottery winner) and got something like that from them, I'd immediately donate $50k to the Beef Promotion Council, in their names.

Just because I could.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

I would have my picture taken with a BIG OL TITTY BREAM and send it to them, Registered Mail.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Too small. I would hire me a Japenese ship and go shoot the biggest damn whale we could find and then carve FUCK PETA in the side of the sumbitch as we dragged it to the likeliest looking shark hole in the area to begin the chumline from hell...

SCTIMBER Coots

[QUOTE]Originally posted by duckcommander727:
    [QB] Here is a letter that PETA sent the truck driver that just one the lottery.

Imagine reaching for an apple on a tree and suddenly feeling your hand impaled by a metal hook that pulls you—the whole weight of your body dragging on that hand—out of the air

Damn that sounds like fun, bout' time for me to go wet a hook

PETA hotline
    If you are reporting an animal emergency, please call our office at 757-622-7382.

Next time you're torturing some good chicken in BBQ sauce, you should give these people a call and tell them. They have a right to know