Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: KC Shooting

Apparently there were 2 minors that were arrested as well.

"Two juvenile suspects were taken into custody last week on gun-related charges and resisting arrest, officials said."

All I can tell from the reporting is that it all started after some sort of dispute. Not sure why that matters. Had it conformed to the media narrative, they would be investigating these individuals and talking to their friends and family. I'm guessing they aren't MAGA Republicans.

dont all shootings start with some sort of dispute?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I don't believe so. We still don't know why the crazy Nashville trans shooter killed a bunch of innocent children. We still don't know why the Vegas shooting did what he did. Some just fall into the category of crazy people does crazy stuff. Whether it's a dispute, a drug deal gone bad, robbery, a jilted lover, I'm not sure why it matters.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    dont all shootings start with some sort of dispute?
    I assume there was some sarcasm, here. Dispute? Wanna chalk-up internal conflicts as self-inflicted disputes?

Lots of totally random wackos over the year just popping people because they could. Take Muhammad & Malvo shooting out of a vehicle's trunk. If I recall correctly, Muhammad used multiple killings to cover up his wife's murder. Then things just kept going. Could it be argued that a dispute sparked the flame that made him/them crazy and go on to kill 16 other folks? I dunno; I'd say one were reaching if arguing a downward spiral such as this...

Then, there's the Texas Tower Sniper (Charles Whitman). This fella obviously had a dispute at home where he killed his mother and wife. BUT - when he took the tower, he didn't have any disputes with the folks on the ground.

These two examples are mass-casualty events (whoever knew that would become mainstream vernacular?). There are random idiots, every day, killing people because they're nuts, or because they're negligently firing weapons, or they're stupid kids trying to prove something by shooting out of a car at a random house.

Every time I think about Mr Whiman, I think of Inglorious Bastards.

I'm pretty sure Tarantino used him for inspiration for the tower scene in that movie.

Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    I don't believe so. We still don't know why the crazy Nashville trans shooter killed a bunch of innocent children. We still don't know why the Vegas shooting did what he did. Some just fall into the category of crazy people does crazy stuff. Whether it's a dispute, a drug deal gone bad, robbery, a jilted lover, I'm not sure why it matters.
    I think it matters when they attempt to equate a street beef with collateral damage to an actual mass shooting. The street beef may result in (unintended) collateral damage, but it is NOT the same as a mass shooting. One is a result of poor aim; the other is purely intentional. Huge difference worth distinguishing.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

bubonic plague in oregon. obvious government let it loose from china

i guess I am saying gun to gun shooting is usually a dispute. a gun vs a bunch of school kids is not.

for once y'all read every word and respond?

or what BB said

and are the media calling this a "mass shooting?" bc its just not by my definition.

and Trump has to pay $354 million but y'all think he's still not guilty?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    I think it matters when they attempt to equate a street beef with collateral damage to an actual mass shooting. The street beef may result in (unintended) collateral damage, but it is NOT the same as a mass shooting. One is a result of poor aim; the other is purely intentional. Huge difference worth distinguishing.
    Very true. According to ABCNEWS, one accounted for roughly 40,000 deaths last year. The other less than 700.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/116-people...ry?id=97382759

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    and Trump has to pay $354 million but y'all think he's still not guilty?
    If every borrower who was guilty of overstating assets was charged with a crime, jails would full(er).

How was he hit with this when no one suffered a loss? He didn't default and leave anyone holding a bag.
    Last edited by wob; 02-21-2024 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    If every borrower who was guilty of overstating assets was charged with a crime, jails would full(er).

How was he hit with this when no one suffered a loss? He didn't default and leave anyone holding a bag.
    If you get arrested for drunk driving see how well your defense of "well I didn't hurt anyone" plays out.
    DILLIGAF

Poor metaphor.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

That entire case is puzzling to me. Don't they have underwriters? Don't they verify valuations as part of the loan process? Or do they just take your word for it. Who will get the money if Trump writes them a check? Who benefits?

You have rules in sporting clays tournaments. Who suffers when they are broken?

if you have a financial system where everyone is lying it drives up the costs and creates unacceptable risk.

Hence, the drunk driving analogy. I may have lied to the bank, but I paid them back.
    DILLIGAF

to be clear, I have no clue about the law or taxes or any of that. I just know the verdict and love to get y'all riled up with facts you cant refute (but will continue to repeat the same stuff until you believe it. --everlast via the shaman, '24)

Quote Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
    You have rules in sporting clays tournaments. Who suffers when they are broken?

if you have a financial system where everyone is lying it drives up the costs and creates unacceptable risk.

Hence, the drunk driving analogy. I may have lied to the bank, but I paid them back.
    You do have rules just like there are rules set in the game of real estate. The clays do the same thing the bank does, they send their own in front of the shooter to prove he or she is breaking what he or she says they are because other shooters can see it. The bank sends its own appraiser out to put a value on the real-estate. You have to pay for both!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    You do have rules just like there are rules set in the game of real estate. The clays do the same thing the bank does, they send their own in front of the shooter to prove he or she is breaking what he or she says they are because other shooters can see it. The bank sends its own appraiser out to put a value on the real-estate. You have to pay for both!
    What the law prohibits is making the false or misleading statement to get the loan. You can be charged for making the false statement to a lender even if you don't close the loan. It is not illegal to drink alcohol and drive. If you drink in excess and drive creating a risk for others it is illegal. All real estate developers tinker with their balance sheets and financial statements. The degree of tinkering by Trump went beyond the pale and he has been burned. He may have some luck with an 8th Amendment argument but I do not see him escaping liability on appeal.
    Last edited by Hogg; 02-21-2024 at 12:50 PM. Reason: spelling
    DILLIGAF

Quote Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
    What the law prohibits is making the false or misleading statement to get the loan. You can be charged for making the false statement to a lender even if you don't close the loan.

He may have some luck with an 8th Amendment argument but I do not see him escaping liability on appeal.
    Maybe so.

Surely the bank didn't take his word on the value of the collateral. Even on a home loan, they use independent appraisals to justify the loan amount.
    Maybe he overvalued his other assets on his financial statement. If the bank doubts any of that, they ask for verification.....or simply ask for an audited financial statement.

If the defense and/or judge valued Mara Largo at $18 million, then they undervalued his assets to say he lied.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 02-21-2024 at 01:08 PM.