Thread: 99 point win ??

Default 99 point win ??

Saw this on SC HS Sports page this am

I am sorry but at some point you need to back off

IMG_2594.jpg

Maybe they did?
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Go Dogs!

Watched a sc high school team last week full court press in the 4th quarter up 45.i guess no lead is never safe enough

Should be a mercy rule put in place. However you can’t put in the 2nd and 3rd string and tell them not to score.

Should have pushed it to 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    now Hogan can fuck off on here all day and call it work, thanks!

Them MC kids will be grateful to have that memory when they’re old and gray. Probably stings a little now. They’ll look back on it and laugh one day

It’s the other team’s job to stop them. You play your game, sometimes you kick ass, other times you get your asses kicked. Ass kickings build character most of the time, you learn more from failure than always succeeding.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I have gotten curb stomped in sports. I have also been a part of handing out a few. Life goes on.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    It’s the other team’s job to stop them. You play your game, sometimes you kick ass, other times you get your asses kicked. Ass kickings build character most of the time, you learn more from failure than always succeeding.
    I agree completely BUT still looks like you could back off some

Recall back when I was in middle school our girls team was winning game like that , other team was pitiful , coach had them go into the “4 corners” and just run clock down

Quote Originally Posted by jwmetz View Post
    Watched a sc high school team last week full court press in the 4th quarter up 45.i guess no lead is never safe enough
    Buddy of mine is HS BB official , told me same thing . He just shakes his head when he sees that but still has to call it by the book
    Last edited by tprice; 02-04-2024 at 01:23 PM.

I would be more pissed off from a team going to the corners and killing time on me than just playing. Like others have said I’ve been curb stomped and given them.

I had this conversation yesterday with my wife at our son’s basketball game. They were done by the start of the 4th quarter but the other team still kept on the gas. I used it as an opportunity after to teach my kid that nobody is going to take it easy on you in life- sometimes your going to get your teeth kicked in and you just have to try harder and do better. Not sure if it sunk in but he did inform me he needed some new Jordans because he was going to be practicing more!

* there’s a big difference between showing mercy/empathy in life to those who need it and phoning it in during athletic competition- everyone who plays sports should not get a trophy!
    Last edited by bitesize; 02-04-2024 at 01:49 PM.

I played for LSUMC basketball team in 86. We played Mt Zion church from Sumter. No HS team players could play in church league. They came out of the locker rooms doing some weave to some tune from a jam box with them tapping the ball off the backboard and every fourth player or so would dunk the ball. They had at least 15 players and they could all dunk. It was clear that these players didn't play HS ball because of grades or other issues, because they would have won the state championship going away. They couldn't press full court when there was a 20 pt lead, so I'd hold the ball and cross half court one second before it would be a turnover. We held them to 99 pts and only lost by ~90. They went easy on us. When talent is that lopsided, it's hard not to run up the score without it being more insulting to the lesser team.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

I've always found it interesting there is a mercy rule in baseball, but not for football and basketball. I'm mostly in favor of a mercy rule in youth sports because sometimes it ain't even close to being on the same talent level. It doesn't do anything but waste everyone's time to get beat by 99 instead of losing by 50 and calling it at the half. The same lesson of the butt cutting is achieved, it's just not prolonged for the sake of finishing the game.

must have been running the score up on an unranked lower tier team with a losing record, trying to impress the playoff committee

It’s a bit of a rivalry I think. Looks like a statement was made.

Carvers Bay girls beat Hemingway 72-4.