Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Tuna

Default Big Tuna

Apparently Sunday is its last day to be open. Kind of a Gtown staple.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Heard the news. Definitely a staple of Georgetown.

Fresh Yankee served daily
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Dammit. He renovated the new side just about a year ago.

Great. I close on a house Friday
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Great. New hotel, Tuna closing, Independent seafood closing. Here come the Yankees. Lord help us if the steel mill goes away. That's the only line of defense right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasbeau1 View Post
    Great. New hotel, Tuna closing, Independent seafood closing. Here come the Yankees. Lord help us if the steel mill goes away. That's the only line of defense right now.
    My thoughts exactly. Georgetown is headed downhill quick. If town ever gets a hold of the steel mill that’ll be the nail in the coffin.
    More Ducks, Less People

Boo

The last of the iconic bars in Gtown. Bucky's at the South Causeway. The Sandpiper. The Plantation Lounge. More than one I rolled out of Just in time to hook up the boat.

Well, there are the horse flys, mosquitoes, and no see ums while basking in the paper mill odor of the day.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    Well, there are the horse flys, mosquitoes, and no see ums while basking in the paper mill odor of the day.
    That didn’t stop them taking Bluffton, Okatie, and Hilton Head Island.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Never knew Jim opened a restaurant.

Sad to hear.

I’m really really unhappy about this! I’ve got a lot of great memories in that place! Georgetown won’t be the same! But such is life!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

One can only hope they get that dilapidated eye sore and turn it into something worth while. I’ve never been a Big Tuna guy but hate to see it close. Dang if I don’t miss The Rice Paddy though.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Sandpipers…………it was my favorite place hangout north of the santee river. There was an 8 foot fence back behind the place just off the volleyball court. We went one night over Christmas break and line looked boring so we decided to ease in through the back. We had to climb the fence of course so I went first. Got to the top and all was well until I tried to get over the three strands of barbed wire. I almost was over and my redwing boot caught the bob wire and I fell down the other side. Somehow I was unscathed, I looked at my boot there was big gash in the leather that would have cut my foot off if not for those boots. I also noticed a huge hole in the fence that an elephant could walk through about 5 feet away.

One of the last times I was in there it was packed with people and it was so hot that night that steam was rolling out from under the eaves of the building like smoke.

That steel mill is the most beautiful structure on the Sampit River right now. I don't think everyone realizes how quick the takeover would be if it goes away. Then if they figure out how to deal with the N/S rivers it is all lost. Air conditioning is a wonderful invention but it will be the reason why we loose our coast. Those people don't care about our bugs when they can sit in their homes/cars and be comfortable.

I would think a ton of land remediation may push away those that would otherwise buy the papermill? But I’m sure many developers have envisioned a long row of condos up there in the bend of the river. I hope that never happens.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

I haven't figured out why it hasn't happened yet. I think the Yankees yawkey and Baruch kept it from happening thus far.

I keep awaiting the port in Georgetown to redeveloped.

Quote Originally Posted by GMAC View Post
    The last of the iconic bars in Gtown. Bucky's at the South Causeway. The Sandpiper. The Plantation Lounge. More than one I rolled out of Just in time to hook up the boat.
    The Plantation was a staple for us growing up. Sneaking in there at 15yo was a thrill. We owned the Pipe and like you, rolled out to get on the boat and ride to the blue water.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by santee11 View Post
    Sandpipers…………

One of the last times I was in there it was packed with people and it was so hot that night that steam was rolling out from under the eaves of the building like smoke.
    Ahhhhhh... good times. Good times.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers