Thread: Let's build a 9MM PCC...

Default Let's build a 9MM PCC...

While rearranging some stuff in one of the safes, I came across a 9mm Glock style lower, that honestly I forgot I had. Been wanting to pick one up after shooting a buddy's SIG MPX, but since I stumbled across this privately purchased lower, figure I might as well build what I want.

Admittedly, I am NOT the tacti-cool type. I'd much rather walk into the woods with a K-frame Smith and a Model 94 than a Glock and an AR. I've built 4-5 black guns over the years, some much better than others, but on two or three of them I wound up changing several things after the fact that, in hindsight, I should have done to begin with. Anybody that has spent some time behind or has built a 9mm PCC that may have any suggestions(from experience) to share would be appreciated...

Currently thinking 8 or 9 inch barrel(threaded) with arm brace to avoid ANY paperwork....I am assuming that 9mm won't be as finicky with reagrds to barrel lengths/styles as a rifle cartridge is. Not normally a "budget-build" type of fella, but would rack grade grade barrels perform just as well as high end in this situation? I am a trigger snob, so it will have a nice trigger. With that being said, where would the bulk of the build money be best spent?

Appreciate your thoughts and suggestions...
    Last edited by FishSticker; 02-01-2024 at 08:12 AM.

I'm about to get on the road, but I can give you a build list later, if you'd like. It's fun, quiet, accurate, a side-folder, and very portable.

• Aero upper/lower with their "Enhanced" upper/handguard
    • Aero 9mm bolt (that accepts the part needed for the LAW adapter)
    • 5" barrel (I forget my brand. Some brands are known for ramp issues. Mine runs fine suppressed with subs.)
    • Rise Armament trigger
    • Anti-walk pins
    • Radian ambi safety
    • Radian CH for suppressor use (forgot the model)
    • LAW side-folder adapter (running a H2 buffer)
    • SB2 brace
    • Dirty Bird plug
    • Phase 5 brace strap
    • MOE storage grip
    • Modlight
    • ADM offset mount
    • Surefire switch holder
    • Barricade stop
    • Phase 5 bolt release
    • Vortex Crossfire
    • Vortex Micro 3x FTS magnifier
    • Magpul MBUIS

From the suppressor thread:

Sent via Galaxy s23 Ultra using Tapatalk
    Last edited by USMCsilver; 02-01-2024 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
    I'm about to get on the road, but I can give you a build list later, if you'd like. It's fun, quiet, accurate, a side-folder, and very portable.

From the suppressor thread:

Sent via Galaxy s23 Ultra using Tapatalk
    That would be great...Thanks.

Your build is almost exactly what I had pictured, save for the shorter barrel. Want to make sure all the parts/pieces I get "play well together".

For blowback uppers 9mm is usually picky when it comes to buffer system and ejection. I’d start the research there. If it’s just a plinker I’d probably just a complete psa upper for budget purposes and start there

Aero has their EPC 9 mm stuff back in stock. That is the direction I would go for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.