Thread: Invasion

It’s a scourge on the south. The first time Sherman used fire, now it’s the damned Vinyl village tract home neighborhoods.
    More Ducks, Less People

Oh and F a yankee
    More Ducks, Less People

Only going to get worse

This is only the beginning.

Wait till your kids come home from school talking with a yankee accent.

Quote Originally Posted by centurian View Post
    Too late.

Quote Originally Posted by centurian View Post
    Florida has been like that for along time.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Don't know if it's true, but a friend said that there are ads in other states to get people to move to SC.

I've lived in NE Columbia for 40 years and its crazy the number of tract nighborhoods going up. At this rate there won't be 5 acres of woods until the Kershaw or Fairfield county lines. I can see moving to the mountains or beaches but Cola? From what I understand a good many are being bought virtually. I know of one bought (>500k) by some Californians that plan to leave it vacant for 3 years until they retire and move.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 1/2" MAGUM View Post
    Don't know if it's true, but a friend said that there are ads in other states to get people to move to SC.

I've lived in NE Columbia for 40 years and its crazy the number of tract nighborhoods going up. At this rate there won't be 5 acres of woods until the Kershaw or Fairfield county lines. I can see moving to the mountains or beaches but Cola? From what I understand a good many are being bought virtually. I know of one bought (>500k) by some Californians that plan to leave it vacant for 3 years until they retire and move.
    In three years probably be a squatter living in it.

I read we are the 3rd fastest growing state. NY, NJ, CA tags everywhere in upstate. I still blame Ohio though and whichever one made the wrong turn going to Dirty Myrtle and found the rest of the state.

It’s crazy and it’s everywhere. The coast, the upstate and everywhere in between. It’s sad to see. Now I do know some landowners making crazy money off land sales, and it’s greatly increased the value of our family farm. We used to be pretty rural. Now they are widening the road and tract homes are popping up everywhere. Even with the crazy increase in land value I’d rather have it the way it was than have the money. That land has been in our family since before the revolution, but it’s lost a lot of its appeal being boxed in by neighborhoods. SC will never be the same
    More Ducks, Less People

Buy every acre you can, encourage like minded people to do the same, teach your kids the value of your lifestyle so they don't get enticed by $$$ in 20 years, set them up to be successful so they don't depend on selling the farm as a retirement plan, wrap your property up with deed restrictions and or conservation easements. This only happens because the land is for sale. Once the land price economics begin to tip, the trend will change.

Right now most track builders have less than 10% of the home price locked up in the land purchase.

Don't bitch about it, unless your willing to pull out the check book and do something about it. And I say that no to be mean, but that's just the blunt truth of it.

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Florida has been like that for along time.
    Price of gas has gone up too high, they can't make it all the way to Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by mjiorle View Post
    Price of gas has gone up too high, they can't make it all the way to Florida.
    It's kinda funny you say that. I've talked to more than a few yankee transplants here and lots of them started in FLA first. Then realize that it's a long drive from FLA to NY to see family, so they move to SC. We call them half-backs (cause they moved half way back).
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Front page of the Post and Courier today

IMG_1091.jpg
    "To the sensitive gunner nothing can equal a bird and a dog and a gun in trilogy."
    George Bird Evans

Progress came and took its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by murraywader View Post
    Progress came and took its toll.
    Still working on the flood control part
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler