Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A quick trip with the old man

I apologize for offending anyone. I really don’t but I don’t want my ESG score to go up or down, or whatever is bad.

It really hit me with both of those guys what age does to you. My dad is 71 and buddy is 68. Ice and blinds and boats and having to pee and C paps and all of that. They were troopers, but age comes for us all, hopefully. The biggest thing, in my opinion, was the ability to hear a shot call and how antsy the lack of that ability makes you. My dad was drawing down on the lead duck in a group several times, and I had to RESPECTFULLY correct him.

And yes, White Oaks is likely the finest duck hunting experience on earth. You can kill more in Canada, but they’re brown. You can kill lots in Nebraska or Mexico, or Texas with more variety, but it ain’t snowflaking through the treetops. If I had one hunt left on this earth, I think I’d stand in the Tennessee hole.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

“Old Man” is high praise in military families.

yep. old man is just fine in my books and in MY old mans book, too.

good job on getting Pal and friend on em. Good tribute on paying back. Its the best.
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

My dad called his dad his “old man” and I assure you there was ample respect intended
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

Quote Originally Posted by Model12 View Post
    Great what you did.........However I had too much respect for my(late) father to ever call him the old man.
    Lighten the fuck up

I need one more epic hunt and fishing trip with my old man pops, before it's too late.

Core Memories.

Let Pal know I need all Catfish he has provided in the past, March 11th is the date of our WGN, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by PINEWOOD DUCK View Post
    Let Pal know I need all Catfish he has provided in the past, March 11th is the date of our WGN, thank you
    As high as the water is, I assume it won’t be an issue