Thread: Tractor Issue

Default Tractor Issue

2004 Massey Ferguson 451

The 3 pt lift arm works fine, up and down while idling.
    When the rpms are up like plowing or disking, the lift arm won't come up unless you stop and slow rpms down to an idle. It immediately lifts up once at idling speed.

This is the exact opposite of what most lift problems are

Any ideas?

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 01-29-2024 at 10:25 AM.

got plenty of fluid?
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

sounds like a sticky valve
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Hydro system seems suspect
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

check PRV

I know this may seem obvious but check and/or just replace your Hyd filter before tearing anything apart!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Hydraulic pump pressure relief valve. It’s prob full of “trash” crud. I’ve cleaned them and had luck

The filter is another possibility. If any of those, I’d change the fluid as well
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    got plenty of fluid?
    If it were low, higher RPMs would help not hurt.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Thanks, that's the info I needed. I hoped it would be something simple, but it never is.

I’m having problem with my three point hitch lifting. Won’t pick my implants up now. When it does get them up, it just surges up and down. Already changed my filter, didn’t help. I need to find that valve krt speaks of if not I think the whatever is inside needs rebuilding. Any of you guys do that?

Quote Originally Posted by thawhacker View Post
    I’m having problem with my three point hitch lifting. Won’t pick my implants up now. When it does get them up, it just surges up and down. Already changed my filter, didn’t help. I need to find that valve krt speaks of if not I think the whatever is inside needs rebuilding. Any of you guys do that?
    what kind of tractor
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    2004 Massey Ferguson 451

The 3 pt lift arm works fine, up and down while idling.
    When the rpms are up like plowing or disking, the lift arm won't come up unless you stop and slow rpms down to an idle. It immediately lifts up once at idling speed.

This is the exact opposite of what most lift problems are

Any ideas?

https://www.malpasonline.co.uk/FindP...20Pumps&Page=1

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    what kind of tractor
    Long 2460