Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Let’s talk side by sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Quackhead22 View Post
    That rig can easily be built for a can-am or a Kawasaki as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If I were to get rid of mine , I would only look at can am . Those are good machines as well
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

Which brand is all American made and asssembled?

I am on my 4th ranger, never had a transmission issue out of any of them. Current one is a 2021 highlighter edition with 2900 miles. Regular service cures a lot of issues. I also have a 2023 canam defender xmr with 2k miles on it, no issues yet, either.
    There are only three to choose from in my opinion; pioneer, ranger and defender. All three are solid, drive all three and buy the one that best suits you.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by SCHUNTINFANATIC View Post
    Which brand is all American made and asssembled?
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Quackhead22 View Post
    Unfortunately I don’t think the Honda bed has enough room for the the burn rig I’m gonna be using! That’s one of the main and only reasons to not go with a Honda.

Even if you took the rear part of the roll cage off? It's only a few bolts.

Quote Originally Posted by BugBuster View Post
    I am on my 4th ranger, never had a transmission issue out of any of them. Current one is a 2021 highlighter edition with 2900 miles. Regular service cures a lot of issues. I also have a 2023 canam defender xmr with 2k miles on it, no issues yet, either.
    There are only three to choose from in my opinion; pioneer, ranger and defender. All three are solid, drive all three and buy the one that best suits you.
    You and your counter part in the Wateree swamp should be product tester for those things. He’s moving from Honda to Can-Am. I’ve been in both Polaris and Can-Am. Like both, both will suit my needs. It boils down to reliability and then cost.

Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Kawasaki Mule.

I have a Polaris Ranger 1000 and very happy with it but if I were to buy another one tomorrow it would probably be a CanAm. The cab seems to have a bit more room.

We have a full-size 570 Ranger. I have filled the bed with bags of corn and never had an issue with power. I’m not saying a 570 will suit your needs, but it has ours. I don’t think a 50 gallon spray tank would cause it problem.
    Last edited by jevans; 01-17-2024 at 08:56 PM.

4th Polaris rangers. No problems, just mantinence.. I like them. Started at 800s now at 1000.

what do you people mean when you talk about a side by side being abused?
    I just dont get it.
    Like driving thru mud? dirt roads?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Have you not seen Sportin sailing through the air in that motorscooter? As majestic as it might be, it's not great for machines.

The more I look at the can-ams the more I like them

or they could mean they poot on the seats? some of these faces look abusive.. How would you like a biscuit shy of three hundred riding around on your back screaming shit like Yee Yee?
    Last edited by Highstrung; 01-18-2024 at 07:53 AM.

I’m a big fan of the Mule Pros. Pretty solid machines.

Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

I've got a 2021 Ranger 1000 with 2200 miles or so on it and knock on wood no issues thus far. I think the key here is regular maintenance. People dog the snot of them and do NO maintenance. Take care of it and it takes care of you, kind of mentality.
    "run and gun guide service"

More important question is who in your area has the best service to repair when necessary and a needed return in short order?

Quote Originally Posted by sc_slim View Post
    More important question is who in your area has the best service to repair when necessary and a needed return in short order?
    That will be another huge deciding factor.

Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

i have never understood that logic, either.
    but i am becoming more and more used to not being normal.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i have never understood that logic, either.
    but i am becoming more and more used to not being normal.
    This machine will be used for work and will be a pretty integral part of day to day operations. So it needs to be reliable and when things inevitably go wrong it needs to be either easy to work on or there needs to be someone close by that can fix it relatively quickly. As far as your question about abuse. When I use one of these machines it’s for 6-8 hours a day in the dust/mud, smoke, and all while carrying 50gals of water in the bed. Doing that day in and day out can wear in a vehicle much quicker than just using it to put out corn or booze cruise.