Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Let’s talk side by sides.

We had a burn rig set on a honda. I hated that thing, transmission always screwing up, some sensor constantly locking it down. It could not handle the abuse from terrain or added weight.
    For the ducks

who makes an unreliable machine (that you would consider buying)? you're picking between apples and apples. (IMO)
    eidted to add: Honda sucks (for ceddy)

mine's diesel. its a pretty simple engine. I think routine maintenance is likely going to extend the life of the machine more than anything. its not like anyone on here isnt an hour from a city. KRT can fix side by sides. it doesnt have to be a dealer. i just dont understand the preoccupation with service. plus, I'm in a mood. tires are tires. hoses are hoses. its not like there is some polaris specific computer on board. so, i would put "service availability" way down on the list of worries.

Hours are about the only thing you are talking about in terms of this "abuse". abuse is abuse. mud, dirt, payload, hills, bumpy roads. whatever. I've torn every piece of plastic off of my mule. i'll show you what will break. its not abuse. its USE.

so, yes yours will need service more often because you use it more often. that's the only difference. hours. you'll accrue them faster but dont think for a second you are doing more or less than the machine should be able to handle.

and you asked this crowd. what did you think you would get in response?

i'l tell you. a bunch of people saying polaris, can am, or kawasaki and some long winded story that isnt even relevant.

if you think you're gonna abuse the shit out of it, I'd buy two used ones and go burn shit
    Last edited by 2thDoc; 01-18-2024 at 01:08 PM.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    who makes an unreliable machine (that you would consider buying)? you're picking between apples and apples. (IMO)
    eidted to add: Honda sucks (for ceddy)

mine's diesel. its a pretty simple engine. I think routine maintenance is likely going to extend the life of the machine more than anything. its not like anyone on here isnt an hour from a city. KRT can fix side by sides. it doesnt have to be a dealer. i just dont understand the preoccupation with service. plus, I'm in a mood. tires are tires. hoses are hoses. its not like there is some polaris specific computer on board. so, i would put "service availability" way down on the list of worries.

Hours are about the only thing you are talking about in terms of this "abuse". abuse is abuse. mud, dirt, payload, hills, bumpy roads. whatever. I've torn every piece of plastic off of my mule. i'll show you what will break. its not abuse. its USE.

so, yes yours will need service more often because you use it more often. that's the only difference. hours. you'll accrue them faster but dont think for a second you are doing more or less than the machine should be able to handle.

i'l tell you. a bunch of people saying polaris, can am, or kawasaki and some long winded story that isnt even relevant.

if you think you're gonna abuse the shit out of it, I'd buy two used ones and go burn shit
    We are saying the same thing just using different words. KRT will be getting my business with the work trucks I am buying so I suppose if he does in fact work on these things he’ll get that business too. Whether you want to believe it or not the responses I’ve gotten thus far have been helpful! I know that’s disappointing to you! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post

i'l tell you. a bunch of people saying polaris, can am, or kawasaki and some long winded story that isnt even relevant
    This got me good
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

its funny bc its true

and quack, I'm not saying I would bother KRT with my machine...i'm just pointing out that a decent diesel mechanic would look at my mule and likely say "i can fix that."
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

You would be hard pressed to find 2 members here that combined weigh less than 50 gallons of water.

Whether it's a gun, truck, side by side, wife, etc. they are all good until the day you get rid of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    You would be hard pressed to find 2 members here that combined weigh less than 50 gallons of water.
    It’s not just 50gals of water. The entire rig probably weighs 800lbs+

Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

I get that, I just wanted to call these folks are fat asses

The resident mature buck killer and gutpile. I didn't press that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Quackhead22 View Post
    That rig can easily be built for a can-am or a Kawasaki as well

Quote Originally Posted by Quackhead22 View Post
    It’s not just 50gals of water. The entire rig probably weighs 800lbs+

Outside of normal maintenance weight will play the next biggest roll in wear and tear. If you are looking to haul 800lbs or so everyday I would strongly recommend some form of after market shocks or springs for the rear. Otherwise you will eat bearings, bushings, etc.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Hard to beat a Mule Pro FXT

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

My vote would be a Suzuki Samurai first. Then the Polaris. Polaris is the #1 seller and probably the easiest to get parts for. I would worry the mule ain't fast enough if you need a quick machine. (The pro may be different, never rode in one of the new ones)

Quote Originally Posted by Fireman View Post
    My vote would be a Suzuki Samurai first. Then the Polaris. Polaris is the #1 seller and probably the easiest to get parts for. I would worry the mule ain't fast enough if you need a quick machine. (The pro may be different, never rode in one of the new ones)
    Now we are getting somewhere….a samurai…