Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7mm08

Default 7mm08

So I just ordered a Tikka 7-08. Got ammo and suppressor just need scope- what would you get? Will be used mostly as kids gun not shooting much past 150yds. Budget for scope is <$1500. Thanks

Meopta Optika 6
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

The Trijicon for $600.

Trijicon 2.5x10x56

For kids, get the Leupold VX-5 with the fire dot. My kids love them
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Trijicon 4-16X50 w/ MOA dot. Easy to get behind. Got one on a 7mm08 if you want to take a look at it.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Schmidt & Bender

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pro tip. Take you a piece of wood and use a saw and sandpaper to shape it to the contour of the stock. You'll likely need it to bring the kids' eye up the level of the cross hairs.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    Pro tip. Take you a piece of wood and use a saw and sandpaper to shape it to the contour of the stock. You'll likely need it to bring the kids' eye up the level of the cross hairs.

Solid advice, I used a rag under the pad to get the lift but like your idea better. As far as the scope, I put one of these on the boys 243 and it’s been great. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...port_r_rd.html
    Last edited by Whackumstackum; 01-11-2024 at 09:08 PM.

I picked up two metal threaded hooks from the hardware store. Then drilled pilot holes in the piece of wood and threaded them in. After that, I used a stout set of wire cutters to cut the hook end off, leaving an inch or so of metal. Used a small file to clean up the edges, then held the wood up to the stock, marked my spots and drilled the pilot holes from the top down. Dropped the metal shafts down into the pilot holes in the stock.

Removed the wood, primed the wood then painted with a matte black paint and viola.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post

I agree but check these out too https://bradleycheekrest.com/

They cost a some money but are adjustable and require no work.

Quote Originally Posted by quack head 11 View Post
    Meopta Optika 6
    This^^^^

And this scope.

https://www.eurooptic.com/Leupold-VX...pe-171389.aspx

I believe there was one in the trading post.
    Last edited by FLS; 01-12-2024 at 07:49 AM.

Meopta MEOPRO 6-18X50 Hard to beat for $375; even more difficult when the military price is applied.

Granted, it's not illuminated & the reticle isn't fancy. However, the clarity at 18x seems slightly a tad better than my Trijicon Credo HX at 15x in a side-by-side comparison.

Buy 4-5 boxes of 140 grain accubonds, 8 pounds of Varget, good brass, and slay everything in NA. 42 grains of Varget under a 140 is an index load. If your rifle won’t shoot it, something’s wrong.
    If you don’t reload, you should. You’ll never be one of those DA’s on some site begging for ammo…

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    Buy 4-5 boxes of 140 grain accubonds, 8 pounds of Varget, good brass, and slay everything in NA. 42 grains of Varget under a 140 is an index load. If your rifle won’t shoot it, something’s wrong.
    If you don’t reload, you should. You’ll never be one of those DA’s on some site begging for ammo…
    150grn NBT, CT, AB over 45.5grn H4350 or H414 and a WLR is money too. I got better groups from that than Varget in the 708 been running that load for 25yrs.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

This will be my first Tikka- what do y’all recommend for rings- scope mount?

Quote Originally Posted by bitesize View Post
    This will be my first Tikka- what do y’all recommend for rings- scope mount?
    I'm pretty sure most people will say Talley. Do you have a pic rail or Weaver mounts?

I just got a set of these for an old Tikka 7mm Mag (M695) I'm "revamping" -- https://warnescopemounts.com/2tm-war...h-matte-rings/
    Last edited by USMCsilver; 01-12-2024 at 08:41 AM.