Thread: KRT - Powertrain Warranty Questions

Default KRT - Powertrain Warranty Questions

Kevin,
    You got a guy for a quote? If so, please send his contact
    You ever work with CarShield?
    I just had a telemarketer call from CarShield, was actually cheaper than I expected
    2018 F150 Lariat 4x4 5.0 Coyote Gen3 119,000 miles
    Silver plan $129 coverage starts after 50 days and 1000 miles , Silver covers powertrain, motor internals, trans, differentials, axles, transfer case, etc
    Gold plan $139 coverage starts after 25 days and 500 miles, Gold also covers powertrain plus the AC/ Alternator/ starter, etc

Trucks running good but looking for protection against the timing chain, phasers

Is that a month?

Quote Originally Posted by CDL View Post
    Is that a month?
    yes, I like the truck, loaded , extra clean and drives like a caddy
    I want to keep it awhile and have some peace of mind
    but have you priced a 10-speed transmission or a newer Coyote engine?
    Not sure but I'm willing to bet the 10-speed transmission is $7500 -9000
    I'm sure a reman engine is $9k or more
    Last edited by ecu1984; 05-12-2024 at 08:11 PM.

I would put that in a money market fund and hope for the best.

Boy, this is a risky proposition, but I’m just dumb enough, so here goes. I sell auto service contracts. I represent a company that is on the higher end from a price standpoint, but we pay claims. Kevin is familiar with the company, and looks at our products quite favorably. Powertrain warranties are what they are. If you are very detailed with your service and keep record of them, they can have some value. I won’t sell them, because you end up with a pissed off customer when their contract doesn’t perform the way they feel it should. I agree with them. Like anything in life, you get what you pay for.

As for car shield, I don’t feel like I really compete with them. They market direct to consumer, and my deal is more focused on getting dealers to sell our products. I have a lot of dealings with shops, and what I hear hasn’t been favorable, but again, I don’t really have dealings with them. Overall, I swore I’d never get in this business, but the company that I represent has really been the standard for quality in the industry. Car shield is right there in the heap of companies that all take their premium and look for ways to deny claims.

You are correct about the price of transmissions and motors. It is insane what we are paying for them now. And, chances are you will need a transmission soon. That motor should be pretty solid.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

i cant believe anyone on this planet actually speaks to telemarketers....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I'd quit buying vehicles that I knew were going to fail in a large way. If I did, my thoughts would to throw a hundred bucks a month in a money market like mentioned.. rather then trusting a company that hires ridiculous people to star in their commercials. There's no way they're completely honest while marketing in that manner.

Thanks folks
    KRT reached out to me

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i cant believe anyone on this planet actually speaks to telemarketers....
    on Mother's Day at that
    I actually answered to mess with them, like I do when in a good mood.
    Then I hear car warranty, which had been on my mind lately, mostly curious, had questions,

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    on Mother's Day at that
    Then I hear car warranty, which had been on my mind lately, mostly curious, had questions,
    They called you because your phone is ESPN'd to your Brain!! It knows you were thinking about a Car Warranty. That's obvious from all the accurate shit you post about Dumbo, I mean Dabzo, you know what I mean, that clown in Orange!

on Mother's Day at that
    They called you because your phone is ESPN'd to your Brain!! It knows you were thinking about a Car Warranty. That's obvious from all the accurate shit you post about Dumbo, I mean Dabzo, you know what I mean, that clown in Orange!

Quote Originally Posted by SwampDecoy View Post
    Moe
    Yes, he is an ass clown.
    I was going to call you today, I have something you may want but we ain't allowed to talk about these particular items on here any longer
    Gimme 10 minutes and I'll text

I’ve dealt with about all of them. I can damn sure tell you which ones not to buy. Route 66 and Car Shield run neck and neck for the worse.

We have a 2019 F250 in with a failed CP4 pump. 12 to 15k. I’m about to see how good one warranty company is…
    More fuel = more boost!!

I’ve dealt with about all of them. I can damn sure tell you which ones not to buy. Route 66 and Car Shield run neck and neck for the worse.

We have a 2019 F250 in with a failed CP4 pump. 12 to 15k. I’m about to see how good one warranty company is…
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post

No Wammies No Wammies No Wammies
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Good stuff
    Thanks guys, I am sure this info may be helpful to others on here as well

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post

Care to elaborate on which ones are ok ?

on Mother's Day at that
    i do like messing with them from time to time!
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.