Thread: Springfield Hellcat vs G43/43x

Default Springfield Hellcat vs G43/43x

While i am a Glock enthusiast through and through, I am looking for a new concealed carry gun. Have been on the fence for a while, while i have held and shot a 43/43x on many occasions i have never had any personal experience with a hellcat. Anybody on here have one and or compared them?

Sig P365 / 365X or 365XL should not be overlooked when you are shopping.

The Sigs have better sights, better triggers, high magazine capacity, etc, etc.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

I have a Hellcat and a Sig P938. To me the Hellcat is way smoother and better than the Sig. Now my sig is a single stack and not the double like the others listed. I have been very happy with my Hellcat and would recommend it in a minute to anyone

Toss a ported S&W Performance Center Shield into the mix, as well. (PSA has sold these stupid-cheap a few times in the past.)

I've shot the Sig365; I own 2 G43x's & 2 PC Shields.

I'd almost, hands down, opt for the Shield for any given situation.

Never held a Hellcat. I'm just not a big fan of Springfield plastic pistols.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by USMCsilver; 01-11-2024 at 02:04 PM.

Started with an XDS Mod2 45, not OSP (6 rnd mag) (couldn't SEE front sight indoors w/o glasses, then w/ glasses, couldn't see target)

Tried a G26, not MOS (10 rnd) factory open sights - no better w/o glasses... 1.66# w/ 10x147gr

Got an XDS Mod2 45 OSP w/ Holosun HE507K-GR-X2 6 rnd mag) 1.66# w/ 6x230gr (took a bunch of ammo & dry sighting to get used to finding sight pic.)
    I'm not real fast (haven't run it thru an IDPA event yet) but having the DOT: 1) slows me down 2) tighter groups
    Trying to just co-witness the irons isn't as quick as w/o the optic.

Then got a Hellcat OS (13 rnd) 1.58# w/ 13x147gr Loved the factory sights, same issue indoors so I put a Holosun HS507K-X2 on it.
    w/ optics ya notice the extra effort needed for stock trigger pull. Apex Trigger helped that some.
    Stocks obviously smaller than XDS and a rapid draw from a Sticky is easier to get a good initial hold vs the XDS sometimes takes a little shuffle.
    (something I try to do after a first shot not before)

Still not Jerry Miculek fast but...

I carry a hellcat or glock 42 daily. Usually the hellcat. Finish is coming off. That's only complaint. Buddy has a 43x and comparing the 2 there's not much difference in size. Id probably do glock if I had to do it again based solely on finish..I own a few Springfields

I have the Sig P365 and have been happy with it. That said, I love the U-dot sights on the Hellcat. I've been trying to find them for my Sig. Either they aren't available or my internet search abilities are not very good.

Personal preference. Go fondle all of them and make your choice on the one that turns your crank. I like the P365.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbdog View Post
    I have the Sig P365 and have been happy with it. That said, I love the U-dot sights on the Hellcat. I've been trying to find them for my Sig. Either they aren't available or my internet search abilities are not very good.
    Wilson Combat & XS Sights seem to make U-Notch sights.

like Dick said... personal choice. that said, I went in Simpsons to BUY a 365 a few years ago and the guy showed me the Hellcat. I left with the Hellcat - love the U shaped sights and great trigger. Both are capable pistols. Get on with an optic on it - love mine.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

OUt of the two, the Hellcat. P365 or Shield Plus would better options than either IMO.

ETA: Shield Plus Perfomance Center has quite possibly the best trigger you can find in a Sub/Micro 9mm
    Last edited by FishSticker; 01-12-2024 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    OUt of the two, the Hellcat. P365 or Shield Plus would better options than either IMO.

ETA: Shield Plus Perfomance Center has quite possibly the best trigger you can find in a Sub/Micro 9mm
    And that PC trigger is even better when switched out to an Apex kit and everything's polished up; both of mine have been converted, as it's a night & day difference.
    Last edited by USMCsilver; 01-12-2024 at 08:24 AM.

Hellcat Pro

Ended up buying a Hellcat Pro yesterday. Felt the best in my hand and shot the best. Even though I am a Glock enthusiast, you can’t beat the capacity in such a small gun. $600 out of the door after taxes with the gear up bundle which included 5 mags and a nice range bag. 2 thumbs up, thanks for the feedback.