Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Broad river Draw Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    If you're expecting DNR to do anything productive with regards to public hunting I'd suggest adjusting those expectations to zero.
    That adjustment was made YEARS ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Well I'll call bullshit on that rumor. Our govt is bloated and corrupt, bc it's government. Dnr is about meritless diversity hires and revenue collection. No hunting in this state has improved in the last 20 years, public or private. "Officers of the year" are decided by how many tickets they've written. It's all just kinda gross
    Gospel truth ^^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

I wish they would shut the draw hunt down at Broad for about 3 years and see if they will still imprint there. Probably way too far gone. We killed what looked to be a couple migrant mallards but the rest looked sick a couple weeks ago but we killed a black duck which was cool and saw maybe 10 or so.
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

I stumbled across somebody’s Jap Millet hole on government land this afternoon. It actually looked really good.

Didn’t someone on here give JimmyD that idea back when he was complaining about DNR and ducks?

Quote Originally Posted by FULLCHOKE View Post
    I stumbled across somebody’s Jap Millet hole on government land this afternoon. It actually looked really good.

Didn’t someone on here give JimmyD that idea back when he was complaining about DNR and ducks?

Throw some posted signs up around it.

Those in the planting club don’t talk about the planting club……..
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Quote Originally Posted by coot nasty View Post
    I wish they would shut the draw hunt down at Broad for about 3 years and see if they will still imprint there. Probably way too far gone. We killed what looked to be a couple migrant mallards but the rest looked sick a couple weeks ago but we killed a black duck which was cool and saw maybe 10 or so.
    Not gonna say names but was a guy with the initials JN part of that hunt by chance?
    Last edited by BRR; 01-05-2024 at 06:48 PM.

Trying to find something incorrect with this post, but I got nothing.

“I didn’t know I couldn’t do that”

Y’all do know that yall can pick choose to select a WMA or not on your lottery application right? ��

About the only thing SCDNR seems to be concerned about is finding a small tear in my life jackets and making sure my flares arent expired. Because they are concerned for “my safety,” not about the money at all.

And the next jackleg DNR officer that decides to troll up to my decoy spread 15 minutes after shooting light while birds are flying, Im going to explode on. I spend valuable time and money to hunt what little birds exist here, why do they insist on ruining the most productive time of the hunt? Its piss poor and any officer that does that should be fired. You can check me at the ramp. Stop that nonsense.
    Last edited by pluffmudder; 01-05-2024 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Well I'll call bullshit on that rumor. Our govt is bloated and corrupt, bc it's government. Dnr is about meritless diversity hires and revenue collection. No hunting in this state has improved in the last 20 years, public or private.
    A lot of things have changed.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

Damn Right They Have!!!!!!!!!! Outside of Bear Island when Frampton was running it back before most, Not all, was running it we killed greenwing teal and Black ducks like you would not believe.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Well I guess we'll see what's going to happen tomorrow. For those who answered my question ,Thanks
    The other sorry I muddied the water.....

Quote Originally Posted by BRR View Post
    Not gonna say names but was a guy with the initials JN part of that hunt by chance?
    He was there for half of it. He left at the wrong time.

Quote Originally Posted by TXFowler View Post
    Y’all do know that yall can pick choose to select a WMA or not on your lottery application right? ��
    I don’t hunt wma lottery hunts in Sc

He was there for half of it. He left at the wrong time.
    How did you get tangled up with that crew? Those guys were talking about it on the internet with pictures.....turned the place into a zoo the following Saturday. People camped out, mud boats running everywhere, and terrible new country blaring in the dark.....caused a real mess. Ducks are now nocturnal, go figure...
    Last edited by BRR; 01-06-2024 at 05:21 AM.

I’ll never understand that. Post on the internet hey look at all these ducks we killed over here. What do you think is gonna happen. People are stupid and way too worried about trying to be the next Instagram duck commander.
    More Ducks, Less People

How did you get tangled up with that crew? Those guys were talking about it on the internet with pictures.....turned the place into a zoo the following Saturday. People camped out, mud boats running everywhere, and terrible new country blaring in the dark.....caused a real mess. Ducks are now nocturnal, go figure...
    Hunting with a hashtag crew will get you every time. #feethangingwebanging
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

One of them deals where we were there and he came later and we decided to just hunt together so we didn’t mess each other up. He had a fella with him that hasn’t duck hunted long and he posted a picture online and I told him not to to post it. And his argument was you can’t tell where it is and you couldn’t imo. It was a horrible picture on the ground. And honestly the crew of kids that you are explaining all knew about them ducks before it had gotten shot during the first opener. Those kids playing music and all that crap have been there doing that since opening day first season. Did his picture have anything to do with it sure but it didn’t cause what you seen on the river that was already happening. When they left at 9 though the hunting shore did get better. Definitely one to remember!

Quote Originally Posted by edistolodge View Post
    Well I guess we'll see what's going to happen tomorrow. For those who answered my question ,Thanks
    The other sorry I muddied the water.....
    Post some dead pics for us