Thread: West coast retreat

Default West coast retreat

IMG_2701.jpgIMG_8663.jpgIMG_2741.jpgIMG_8744.jpg

Always a fun time on the west coast.
    Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field, and hunt game for me.- Genesis 27:3

I know that big guy... great colors on the Hollywoods.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Dang you look just like your old man. Good killin', boy.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Beautiful birds

We managed 122 birds over 8 trips while the boy was here! Not too shabby while the entire state is complaining that there are no birds here this year! Those little GWT sure do save the day when it comes to filling limits. Our wigeon haven’t really shown up this year. We saw about 4,000 in a pond one day including four Eurasian’s that we could see from the truck. Tried to hunt them three days later and they were no where to be found!
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Nice trip. You definitely have a honey hole.
    I have many buddies out that way and they are going thru the worst season in many years. Most of the refuges averages are extremely low.
    Glad you guys got on birds, hate to make that trip for nothing.
    love me some Cans.

We did have to hit a refuge down South to get the boys on some cinnamons. Other than those two trips our hunts were all on public marshes. I have a #4 reservation at Delevan NWR this Sunday. Hopeful that will pan out with a few geese and mallards for us.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    We did have to hit a refuge down South to get the boys on some cinnamons. Other than those two trips our hunts were all on public marshes. I have a #4 reservation at Delevan NWR this Sunday. Hopeful that will pan out with a few geese and mallards for us.
    Nice draw. I could use a 4 at the Del right about now lol. Hopefully the geese play nice.

The only thing worth a shit in California is the wine, ducks and the surfing. Everything else pretty much sucks.

That's some awesome hunts right there! Great work gents.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 01-03-2024 at 08:02 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    The only thing worth a shit in California is the wine, ducks and the surfing. Everything else pretty much sucks.
    Don’t forget the bass fishing!!! The ducks and fish are why I’ve kept coming back here. However, this is it for me! Come the summer of 2025 I’m out of here for good! Going to make E8 and try and land somewhere on shore back in the South East for my twilight tour. That will put me retiring at 27 years!

Good luck on making Senior Chief! I just hit 21yrs before the new year and was fortunate enough to make E-8. Not sure if I got enough gas in the tank to chase E-9, but I'm gonna give it hell.

In the meantime, keep posting pics of dead ducks and happy hunting.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    The only thing worth a shit in California is the wine, ducks and the Ocean Fishing. Everything else pretty much sucks.

That's some awesome hunts right there! Great work gents.

FIFY

Not so much the ocean fishing anymore! They have shut down the salmon fishing for the foreseeable future and the rockfish season inside the 300ft line was only open this past year for about 3 months. IMO the first year that the salmon season was closed a lot of folks shifted their attention to rockfish and halibut. That lead to WAY more rockfish being taken which was likely the driving factor for the change in the regulations on groundfish species. I wouldn't be surprised if we see some tighter halibut fishing regulations this year becuase they took quite a beating with the other season closures and restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    Not so much the ocean fishing anymore! They have shut down the salmon fishing for the foreseeable future and the rockfish season inside the 300ft line was only open this past year for about 3 months. IMO the first year that the salmon season was closed a lot of folks shifted their attention to rockfish and halibut. That lead to WAY more rockfish being taken which was likely the driving factor for the change in the regulations on groundfish species. I wouldn't be surprised if we see some tighter halibut fishing regulations this year becuase they took quite a beating with the other season closures and restrictions.
    Think further south fishing...
    186466652_10222200078543462_3001547390777471980_n.jpg

Outstanding trip. Glad to be apart of it. Huge thanks to Ringking for the hospitality. Incredible scenery and hunting.

Heck yeah!

Y’all left too early! Mud Ugh got here just in time for the big ducks! We shot six wigeon, five gadwall, two canvasbacks, and a goldeneye drake!

Very nice guys.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

Impressive as always from his crowd. RK clearly has it figured out.