Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GM appreciation post

Quote Originally Posted by darealdeal View Post
    Deals with a small percentage of the problem. The chip and frequently changing the oil and filter help but still is the da d faulty equipment in the motor which can still cause the same issue even with the AFM deleted by way of a chip.
    Got a chip in mine along with changing the oil every 5 to 6,000 along with a new filter every oil change
    Changing the oil and filter doesn’t do jack diddly to help this issue. On my 17 Kevin deleted it and it was serviced every 6k and at 150k a lifter failed. Kevin fixed that so it won’t happen again.

I wouldn't have a GM vehicle if you GAVE it to me... non stop problems.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

There is no chip

If you think the Diablo device you plug into the OBD port actually tunes out DOD, I feel sorry for you.

We actually go in with HP Tuners and change the parameters in 3 different systems to disable DOD. Not just V8 to V4 and rewrite the calibrations.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gone South View Post
    How many miles were on that 5.3?
    More fuel = more boost!!

The ZL1 says LT4 on the supercharger if that matters Kevin.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Kevin, my youngest just bought a 2024 1500 series Silverado Z71 4x4 V8 a couple of days ago.
    Should he wait until the warranty expires to have the delete done? Asking as, will they see the delete
    between now and then if and when it goes to the dealer? If they found it deleted, would it void the original warranty?
    Last edited by ecu1984; 12-21-2023 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    There is no chip

If you think the Diablo device you plug into the OBD port actually tunes out DOD, I feel sorry for you.

We actually go in with HP Tuners and change the parameters in 3 different systems to disable DOD. Not just V8 to V4 and rewrite the calibrations.
    Didn’t say it would fix the issue.
    Is it any cheaper to get the delete now vs when it has a failure?
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpknocker View Post
    Good for you, hope you make a mint off them, and fuck GM
    THIS HERE Fuck GM

How is there no regulation from the better business bureau on a dealership mechanic lying to customers to make more money off them? Is it a buyer beware situation?
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Quote Originally Posted by darealdeal View Post
    Didn’t say it would fix the issue.
    Is it any cheaper to get the delete now vs when it has a failure?
    I would do the “tune” delete then wait on the mechanical if it ever fails
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    How is there no regulation from the better business bureau on a dealership mechanic lying to customers to make more money off them? Is it a buyer beware situation?
    Yes. They called me and asked me my opinion. I Gauranteed them it didn’t need an engine before they spent the coin to tow it from Clemson.

Glad I was right

Dealerships get away with everything. Their word is the gospel to so many people. Let me do some shit like that and I’d get hammered on reviews and social media.

Speaking of reviews… www.a2zautorepairs.com and www.a2zcustomsonline.com if any of you are in the Christmas mood and want to give out some 5 star reviews
    More fuel = more boost!!

Dealers dont want to do engine or transmission work. They just want to shove in a new or reman unit

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    I would do the “tune” delete then wait on the mechanical if it ever fails
    Sent you a PM. Might do that when I bring it for the transmission fluid and filter.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965