Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Rocketman, Is that you?

I still think deferred payment and/or going back to sitting out a year would cut most of it out.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Did somebody just say "stealing"?

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk
    Yeah, for instance, if a kid bails cause he was brainwashed and misled about getting a "Natty" but in reality
    all he got was 7th place in a basketball conference and a trip to the Chuckie Cheese Bowl"..........well then, someone "stole" him.
    CD, that's Tater logic
    Last edited by ecu1984; 12-18-2023 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Nobody willingly voted. Some kids that were 18 and older sued to be able to get what they were worth. Now they’ve found out that they are worth a lot, and are trying to get what they are worth I don’t blame them, but I don’t like it. The NFL has been the biggest beneficiary for years. A free farm system. The NFL can snap their fingers and end this if they want. Draft eligible 18 year olds. And most of this ends. Then, college football would be played by, drumroll, college students.
    My least favorite solution because it degrades the product on the field which I’m not a fan of doing. In my opinion Brian Kelly was on to something the other day. The schools should pay them a portion of the tv earning then make them play contracts. Take the power 5 and create one regional league that operates it all. No conferences they can be the regional divisions.

First and foremost the calendar needs to be fixed. Way too much going on in December.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 12-18-2023 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
    I still think deferred payment and/or going back to sitting out a year would cut most of it out.
    Sitting out a year isn’t going to fly in the courts I do not believe. Hence the current injunction until the spring. You can transfer as much as you want, there isn’t a limit.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Yeah, for instance, if a kid bails cause he was brainwashed and misled about getting a "Natty" but in reality
    all he got was 7th place in a basketball conference and a trip to the Chuckie Cheese Bowl"..........well then, someone "stole" him.
    CD, that's Tater logic
    Probably referring to the Bell kid that fleeced y’all for 800k this year. 3 catches for 30 some odd yards on the season. Couldn’t get his head right to play in the state championship game. Maybe he knew what was gonna happen and didn’t want to get swept up in the concussion protocol. Smart kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    Probably referring to the Bell kid that fleeced y’all for 800k this year. 3 catches for 30 some odd yards on the season. Couldn’t get his head right to play in the state championship game. Maybe he knew what was gonna happen and didn’t want to get swept up in the concussion protocol. Smart kid.
    Dropping like flies. Or lit up by freshmen on defense. Or planted in the turf so hard by XT that his jersey number is permanently engraved in it. Or embarrassed by the worst FG kicker in D1 ball. He knew then 2 was coming.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

CD, that's Tater logic
    6th
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Auburn and Colorado showed what a high ranking portal class will get ya; all talent, no team. 22 narcissist lookin’ to get theirs but not willing to take a hit for the greater good if it means their number doesn’t get called. I kind of admire Coach Swinney for holding out hope that there may still be some kids/people who will play for something bigger than themselves. He's mostly wrong but I admire him for remaining hopeful.

I’m not an NFL guy but if the 49’rs are on I like watching Debo. He doesn’t care what he’s doing as long as it helps the team win. As close to a true selfless player as I’ve ever seen.

It’s non existent in college these days. I’d love to be proven wrong.
    Last edited by Glenn; 12-18-2023 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Dropping like flies. Or lit up by freshmen on defense. Or planted in the turf so hard by XT that his jersey number is permanently engraved in it. Or embarrassed by the worst FG kicker in D1 ball. He knew then 2 was coming.
    They’re so used to it , the suck doesn’t even phase them. All they got is picking on daddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    Probably referring to the Bell kid that fleeced y’all for 800k this year.
    No, I was referring to the taking of Ostarine is stealing,.......stealing from your opponents, your fellow competitors, and from the fans, who want a fair competition.
    And what's really disturbing is their fans condoning it as long as they win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "The real reason fish jump - they don't have a middle finger!"

No, I was referring to the taking of Ostarine is stealing,.......stealing from your opponents, your fellow competitors, and from the fans, who want a fair competition.

ouch, that left a mark

Quote Originally Posted by boondoggle View Post

ouch, that left a mark

"The real reason fish jump - they don't have a middle finger!"

Not even really comparable to the largest steroid scandal in the history of college football circa 1980. Google Steve Courson.
    I guess the doctor just got the equestrian and football meds mixed up.