Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Under Pressure Cohen Labs

Default Under Pressure Cohen Labs

I don't think this will reveal any surprises but telemetry will add validity to what we are seeing across the country.

Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Damn good video, thanks for posting!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Wow…too bad nothing can be done about hunting pressure
    When in doubt, shoot him again!

Work like it's all up to me, but pray, like it's all up to him!

Great video. Thank you for sharing.

It sounds like hunting pressure is actually helping the ducks though. They are now smarter, have adapted and as a result increased in numbers.

Good vid
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

I enjoy learning from the research the Cohem team are doing. One of their recent topics that hunters seem to refute with controversy is that ducks age just birds can't see nearly as well as we're led to believe they do.

I follow them on Instagram.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 12-09-2023 at 10:28 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Wonder what would happen if they did the opposite and removed refuges entirely instead of creating more?

Quote Originally Posted by swampknob View Post
    Wonder what would happen if they did the opposite and removed refuges entirely instead of creating more?
    The ducks would seek out another area all together where they could avoid pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

You think they would abandon the Mississippi flyway if they allowed hunting in all the refuges?

3 and thirty…5 days at Thanksgiving, 5 after Christmas, last 20 of January. Only access to deep water/ditches on WMAs and refuges from November to March outside of hunting times. A lot of issues would be fixed.
    For the ducks

Quote Originally Posted by ceddy View Post
    3 and thirty…5 days at Thanksgiving, 5 after Christmas, last 20 of January. Only access to deep water/ditches on WMAs and refuges from November to March outside of hunting times. A lot of issues would be fixed.
    Folks (hunters, marketing and merchandisers) would lose their minds but I'm all in for 3/30! I avoid vacation hunts like Thanksgiving and Christmas though so give me 5 days during the week.

I hear folks say "hunting doesn't contribute to a decline in waterfowl numbers nearly as much as natural mortality" (Instagrammers and Guides) How many ducks die migrating due to "natural mortality" when waterfowl are constantly harassed, stressed and shot at by hunters from Sept - February?

Drought and ethanol production have put a HUGE impact on nesting habitat (millions of acres plowed under for corn production). The drought affecting the Atlantic, MS and Central flyways will have an impact this Fall....we will realize the effect next Spring. I'm afraid it won't be good.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Folks (hunters, marketing and merchandisers) would lose their minds but I'm all in for 3/30! I avoid vacation hunts like Thanksgiving and Christmas though so give me 5 days during the week.

I hear folks say "hunting doesn't contribute to a decline in waterfowl numbers nearly as much as natural mortality" (Instagrammers and Guides) How many ducks die migrating due to "natural mortality" when waterfowl are constantly harassed, stressed and shot at by hunters from Sept - February?

Drought and ethanol production have put a HUGE impact on nesting habitat (millions of acres plowed under for corn production). The drought affecting the Atlantic, MS and Central flyways will have an impact this Fall....we will realize the effect next Spring. I'm afraid it won't be good.
    Birds can’t rest anymore and people can access the far back areas that used to provide a sanctuary. How much “natural” mortality is caused by increased pressure from hunters?
    For the ducks

SCDUCKS 2001. We did all this back then. It is decades past time to quit studying these ducks to death and actually start doing something about it...

GREAT VIDEO!
    IF IT FLIES-IT DIES

Very interesting, great video.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    SCDUCKS 2001. We did all this back then. It is decades past time to quit studying these ducks to death and actually start doing something about it...
    Preach. It'll never happen because of the reasons Cajunwannabe stated, but 3 & 30 and banning mud motors are on the top of my list
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Just look at the opium in the replies. Ducks Limited was the worst thing to ever happen to a duck...

Quote Originally Posted by swampknob View Post
    Ducks would be forced to seek out food and safety in the wild they way they have for eons, instead of lazily sitting in the “safe spaces” we’ve created for them.

Contrary to popular belief……they aren’t gonna leave the continent to winter in Siberia.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    Ducks would be forced to seek out food and safety in the wild they way they have for eons, instead of lazily sitting in the “safe spaces” we’ve created for them.

Contrary to popular belief……they aren’t gonna leave the continent to winter in Siberia.
    They very well may rest inside the city limits. People will feed them and they will act just like tamies.

#gaddy'spond

#lakepymatuning

Watch the short video. The visitors feed them bread.

https://g.co/kgs/7y2qbi

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 12-11-2023 at 12:03 PM.

How can fewer hunters create more pressure? More days and higher limits?
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.