Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Internet Choices

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    Usually it's just 30 days before you considered a "new customer", at least that's what it was at Spectrum.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Good to know. I like DTV. Been with them for 20 years, but money is money and I like having more.

I think it's easier when it's just TV. Internet can tough to live without for a month just to save a few bucks here and there. Saving $70 or so bucks a month is different, but you get the point.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

They cut my bill in half when I told them I was leaving.
    $49 now

You can donate the difference to IPTAY in my honor.

You're welcome.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    You can donate the difference to IPTAY in my honor.

You're welcome.

Go back and read post #8 from last night
    You're welcome

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go back and read post #8 from last night
    You're welcome
    Or post #6

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

So that means you won't be contributing to IPTAY?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I have FTC at the lake (Summerton) and its really fast. Spectrum in summerville and it is fast until its not. Probably has something to do with all the apartments and other cluster home yankee bullshit they keep building here.

Spectrum was $50/mo when I signed up now its $90. Time to call and bitch to get the rate lowered.
    I agree. I have FTC at the lake and Spectrum in Florence both are priced about the same I think 10$ different, but the FTC is stupid fast. The wildest thing is it's almost at the same the end of the road so to speak. You would think it would be terrible, and it use to be. However the Florence locals one is on Cashua close to 52, it is the slowest. I have another literally 2 miles from FMU. Which has all sorts of upgrades, but FTC still blows it out the water.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

That worked! I just had my monthly Spectrum bill dropped from $93 to $59 for the next 12 mos and back dated to credit last months bill that was due today. Now we need to set a reminder for this thread to resurface 12 mos from now when the "promotion" is over so my dumb ass doesn't overlook it and go back to paying more than the initial $93 bill.
    Thanks for the heads up! I've had poor internet service with Spectrum intermittently over the last 2 years and when I've called to bitch and ask for a better rate, I've been told $93 is the absolute lowest. It's a shame you have to threaten to jump ship to get the "new promotion that has just come out".

Quote Originally Posted by hickory View Post
    That worked! I just had my monthly Spectrum bill dropped from $93 to $59 for the next 12 mos and back dated to credit last months bill that was due today. Now we need to set a reminder for this thread to resurface 12 mos from now when the "promotion" is over so my dumb ass doesn't overlook it and go back to paying more than the initial $93 bill.
    Thanks for the heads up! I've had poor internet service with Spectrum intermittently over the last 2 years and when I've called to bitch and ask for a better rate, I've been told $93 is the absolute lowest. It's a shame you have to threaten to jump ship to get the "new promotion that has just come out".
    Glad it helped, I left this thread up hoping it would help others

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    I agree. I have FTC at the lake and Spectrum in Florence both are priced about the same I think 10$ different, but the FTC is stupid fast. The wildest thing is it's almost at the same the end of the road so to speak. You would think it would be terrible, and it use to be. However the Florence locals one is on Cashua close to 52, it is the slowest. I have another literally 2 miles from FMU. Which has all sorts of upgrades, but FTC still blows it out the water.
    It all depends on delivery method... the old DSL is distance sensitive. So being at the end of the road could be rough.

With Spectrum's being HFC (hybrid fiber/ coax) if they can get a cable to the premise you're golden. The distance limit has changed over the years but it used to be 300' from the tap at the road to the power meter. Anything over that tech wouldn't do it.

If your provider offers fiber all the way to the premise then distance, again, doesn't matter... it's fiber. It's data packets traveling at the speed of light over a fiber optic strand of glass. It could circle the globe a buncha times in a second.

Last edited by willyworm; 12-08-2023 at 03:26 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I just tested my internet with FTC and it is 265 mps. In summerville it was 50 last night with spectrum (I am pretty sure thats what my "package" is for).
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    I just called and told them I was shopping around and let them know I would be switching providers.
    She transferred me to their 'retention dept' and I am now at $49.99 for same everything and she upgraded me to
    the newest "Ultra Speed" for no additional $ and said new router is in the mail.
    I never had an issue with the speed or reliability
    Thanks

We have Spectrum at home (any my office ) However ATT ran fiber optic about 18 months ago and debating on that

Is fiber optic that much faster ?

We really have no issues with Spectrum but not sure if the fiber optic is worth the change over and have zero ideas about cost of it
    Last edited by tprice; 12-09-2023 at 11:42 AM.

Spectrum is infinitely better than the ATT fiber optic I’ve had. It’s just too bad that Spectrum is such a POS company. Pure Shit.

Anything ATT sucks just like the company
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Tprice, I don't think I've ever gotten much feedback on AT&T's fiber. Like Tater said, all the big ones are evil corporations.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]